+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer thread for July/August 2022...

Transfer thread for July/August 2022...

Just read...

Everybody and his dog want Collins.

McNeil of interest to Spurs.

And on it goes.

Tommy the Toon says Howe wants Cornet for £17.5 million.

Attachment 21955

Don’t believe all that you read. That’s what we’re told to do !

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    Don’t believe all that you read. That’s what we’re told to do !
    My mate Tommy the Toon told me Wood was off to Newcastle a week before I heard it from anywhere else. Cornet is GONE!

No surprise if he goes. Reportedly he has a relegation clause in his contract.

I read that Newcastle is concerned about the FFP thresholds. The money itself is not a problem. They are interested in pope but not at £40 million for that reason.

Assuming we can afford to keep hold of this lot and add a couple we should romp the Championship...

Pope, Hennessy, BPF, Norris & Waller. (A bit top heavy here!)
    Lowton & Roberts.
    Collins, Long & Thomas. (A bit thin here.)
    Taylor. (Very thin here!)
    Cork, Westwood, Brownhill & JBG.
    McNeil, Vydra, Barnes, Richardson, Thompson, Cornet.

Conclusion: Vinny has his work cut out.

If Newcastle want Cornet they could always give us Wood as a sweetener.
    ps. Everton want McNeil too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Assuming we can afford to keep hold of this lot and add a couple we should romp the Championship...

Pope, Hennessy, BPF, Norris & Waller. (A bit top heavy here!)
    Lowton & Roberts.
    Collins, Long & Thomas. (A bit thin here.)
    Taylor. (Very thin here!)
    Cork, Westwood, Brownhill & JBG.
    McNeil, Vydra, Barnes, Richardson, Thompson, Cornet.

Conclusion: Vinny has his work cut out.
    You've missed Jay off that list mon ami, add him in and cross Cornet off is where we are really.

We have to sell players, of those still under contract, Pope, Taylor, Collins, Roberts, Brownhill, McNeill, Cornet and Weghorst are in the shop-window, no reasonable offer refused. I would think Cornet and Weghorst are gone, if we can keep hold of four of the other 6 we give ourselves a bit of a chance next season, but can we ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    You've missed Jay off that list mon ami, add him in and cross Cornet off is where we are really.

We have to sell players, of those still under contract, Pope, Taylor, Collins, Roberts, Brownhill, McNeill, Cornet and Weghorst are in the shop-window, no reasonable offer refused. I would think Cornet and Weghorst are gone, if we can keep hold of four of the other 6 we give ourselves a bit of a chance next season, but can we ?
    Apologies for the Jay Rod omission mon ami, I was just scribbling from the top of the head.

Vinny alluded to the need to "balance the books" by buying low and selling high.

That puts Pope, Collins, Brownhill, Roberts and Cornet on the "could go" list.

Like I said, Vinny will have his work cut out this season.

Weghorst doesn’t want to play for Burnley in the Championship. He should be sold for that reason alone.

I can’t see McNeil staying around if PL clubs are sniffing.

I would not blame Pope for going. He is first class and would be an asset at any PL club.

I can see Collins staying and working under a world class defender in VK. He has every chance of playing 46 games next season, if he stays fit.

I can’t see a PL club coming in for Brownhill. Is he really PL quality?

With the release clause, I will be amazed if Cornet is not snapped up.

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)