+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Not too many more....

So, he's finally arrived, all 6'5" (or is it six?) Of him. Arsenal have great expectations of him. How soon before he's number one?

Quote Originally Posted by ShropshireAlex View Post
    He's already been named in earlier posts as the keeper they've acknowledged (but not named) is about to come in. 6' 5" apparently.
    Or 6 - he says, and as McGarry said, would you argue with him?
    Last edited by ShropshireAlex; 29-07-2022 at 05:32 PM.

https://thepeoplesperson.com/2022/08...xandra-250658/

Just found this article announcing the imminent arrival of a young Man Utd right back at the mighty alex.

The way Kelvin is playing at the moment, Wellens won't get a look in. Hopefully he is versatile and can cover other positions. Still, good to have some cover at RB.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    The way Kelvin is playing at the moment, Wellens won't get a look in. Hopefully he is versatile and can cover other positions. Still, good to have some cover at RB.
    In the article it does say that he can play on the wing or central midfield. Also in the article is a link to a video of a free kick he scored playing for Man U reserves. If he can deliver set pieces as well, he'll be a really useful addition.

We've been linked with a loan of Jake Cain, a young midfielder for Liverpool. The source is the same as for Charlie Wellens, the full back from Man U, so don't hold your breath. Even though we do need cover in those positions, they are youngsters so may not be an improvement on what we've got.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    We've been linked with a loan of Jake Cain, a young midfielder for Liverpool. The source is the same as for Charlie Wellens, the full back from Man U, so don't hold your breath. Even though we do need cover in those positions, they are youngsters so may not be an improvement on what we've got.

The news on the official site today further re inforces my call for further recruitment, I am not excited about replacing experienced pros with kids as it is not strengthening the squad you only have to look at Leshabela for evidence of this. We need 3 or 4 more permanent signings at least and we need to be getting on with it especially in midfield as I don’t want us relying on poor players like Griffiths and Finney.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    The news on the official site today further re inforces my call for further recruitment, I am not excited about replacing experienced pros with kids as it is not strengthening the squad you only have to look at Leshabela for evidence of this. We need 3 or 4 more permanent signings at least and we need to be getting on with it especially in midfield as I don’t want us relying on poor players like Griffiths and Finney.
    Yes Colkett's tear keeps him out till November-ish and Long unable to train after severe food poisoning, so we know who the 2 for Saturday are not!

I think the two mentioned need to be shipped out before we see any new faces I am led to believe.

.... we need to be getting on with it especially in midfield as I don’t want us relying on poor players like Griffiths and Finney.
    Luke Murphy still around Reaseheath?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast