+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Not too many more....

Not too many more....

permanent signings coming in, says Morris. How many is too many? Still hoping for at least an experienced goalkeeper and CH. He also suggested that the squad will be relatively small and that the 1st year pros will have to step in to plug the gaps. Let's the injury list doesn't get as high as last season!

He did suggest maybe 2 more - I do wonder if the keeper will be a loanee though - shades of Ben Williams and Rhys Taylor. There can be no doubt a keeper will come in though.

Quote Originally Posted by ShropshireAlex View Post
    He did suggest maybe 2 more - I do wonder if the keeper will be a loanee though - shades of Ben Williams and Rhys Taylor. There can be no doubt a keeper will come in though.
    Very poor response to a team that played so poorly last time suggesting we need 11 more players at least and someone was suggesting there can be 5 subs next season. Never mind, midtable may be a bonus where our neighbours got promoted without any need for spending a million pounds on an academy...

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    permanent signings coming in, says Morris. How many is too many? Still hoping for at least an experienced goalkeeper and CH. He also suggested that the squad will be relatively small and that the 1st year pros will have to step in to plug the gaps. Let's the injury list doesn't get as high as last season!

Yes disappointing considering we were close to 3 more according to Charles Grant when he had his stomach churning buy your season ticket piece on the OS then used the poor gullible Morris to enforce the bull **** that season ticket sales had gone well what a pile of crap I know 6 season ticket holders personally and none of them have renewed and they know others who also have not. I am finding our board particularly one member to be quite untrustworthy. Recruitment as always a lot promised but little delivered a Hugh reliance on the fresh out of nappy kids let loose from the Reaseheath crèche any lessons learnt poor squad reliance on kids equals getting dicked every week and relegation. News flash our first team squad is still very light on ability and quality and at least another 7 players needed, stop messing around and get the business required for a chance next season.

Wartman....you do talk some rubbish. Just because you "know of 6 people who have not renewed" doesn't mean st sales are down. Limited market research or what lol. We have 5 centre halves as we stand, so unlikely to acquire another. Whether you like it or not, Richards is the no 1 keeper next season. What we don't want, again, is 2 keepers who are both the same. It doesn't work. Just give it a rest, it's getting boring!!

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Wartman....you do talk some rubbish. Just because you "know of 6 people who have not renewed" doesn't mean st sales are down. Limited market research or what lol. We have 5 centre halves as we stand, so unlikely to acquire another. Whether you like it or not, Richards is the no 1 keeper next season. What we don't want, again, is 2 keepers who are both the same. It doesn't work. Just give it a rest, it's getting boring!!

I am just using this as a straw poll akin to when people ask others how they voted in a general election and then from that small amount of information gauge how the country voted tends to be quite accurate.

If you the add the additional evidence of the chairman and first team manager appearing on the OS asking people to buy season tickets ( don’t recall this ever happening in the past ?)

The you have an apparent row back on the bullish recruitment plans the club announced pre season ticket sales

Then you have the fact we are in a league lower this will have an impact

Then you have last seasons disaster this will temper peoples enthusiasm to buy a season ticket

Then you have the wider economic struggles of people which will also have an impact

I think taking all of the above into account I think that it is more than likely that season ticket sales are down.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post

I agree with Gazan we need an experienced GK and an experienced CH as ours are lacking experience, we also could do with another experienced FB we need at least 2 more midfielders and 1 more striker as 2 have left and we have only brought 1 in.

I think it is evident that the board have learnt nothing from last season, we do not have enough experience in the squad offering contracts to 8 first year pros and thinking that this is first team recruitment is completely ludicrous most if these need to be immediately loaned out for at least a season in the non league to gain experience of mens football. If you release lose circa 11 players and bring only 4 in and sign 8 kids that is not building a strong competitive squad league 2 will not be easy despite what some people on this forum think we currently have a squad that will struggle to compete also add to that a rookie manager.

....... appearing and appealing to people to buy season tickets, I thought that was a positive step forward. I would rather ask why they haven't done it before?

I hate this site sometimes. It cut me off so I tried to continue my message and now the first part of has disappeared!!🤬🤬

(1st half of above message)
    Thanks for agreeing with me, Wartman. I think I'll print the message off and frame it!😉
    As for Grant and Morris, as well as several regular supporters ...

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast