+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Off topic 2

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Did not think my post meant approval. Never thought that anything that the Germans proposed as social policy would be accepted in Britain.

Agree there is a load of medics, politicians and media types who have nothing new to contribute to the discussion. Boris got it right after Christmas and Nicola got it wrong. Can't see anything changing because the people who forced the policy through are still in place apart from one who left after his predictions based on the facts he had been given were shown to be wrong.
    People like me will always oppose, this country needs the middle ground men ( I'm looking at you) 😆 to oppose.

Radio Scotland had a phone in this morning about the " new wave sweeping over the country" 🙄 ......assistant clinical director was on ( why does clinical director need a ****ing asst bogeyman) and was telling people to mask up again.......if people don't stop and think it will all start again in Oct.....they are gagging to stay relevant and in people's lives.....ain't getting in mine ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Germany to consider compulsory mask wearing October to march

Tick tick tick

Restrictions forevermore, lockdown every winter.

Winter is coming.😳
    We never wore masks before when someone had a head cold so why now. Unless Nippy is trying to control us again because the Dentist despite get all his Covid jags has tested positive for the Omnicron variant of a head cold.

People like me will always oppose, this country needs the middle ground men ( I'm looking at you) �� to oppose.

Radio Scotland had a phone in this morning about the " new wave sweeping over the country" �� ......assistant clinical director was on ( why does clinical director need a ****ing asst bogeyman) and was telling people to mask up again.......if people don't stop and think it will all start again in Oct.....they are gagging to stay relevant and in people's lives.....ain't getting in mine ever again.
    Jason the Clinical Director for Scotland has got Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Just looked it up. Seems to be for tournament organisers who offer a prize for a hole in one - basically pays the prize for the winner. So can't see why a ****e golfer, or any golfer, would need it for themselves.

Also can't see why anyone would be required to shoot the bar just because they got a hole in one. Pretty sure I wouldn't.
    Some golfers have given up their amateur status when they have won a large prize for a hole in one on a Pro Am competition where the prize was a car.
    A professional golfer can apply for reinstatement as a an amateur golfer after a laid down number of years.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Jason the Clinical Director for Scotland has got Covid.
    Played golf with someone today who had " long COVID"......I thought it was meant to make you knackered like notso has described, this boy was skipping about quite the thing when 2 up....no so much at the end.😄

Threw his clubs in car as well so cudnae be that tired.

Some golfers have given up their amateur status when they have won a large prize for a hole in one on a Pro Am competition where the prize was a car.
    A professional golfer can apply for reinstatement as a an amateur golfer after a laid down number of years.
    And?

Played golf with someone today who had " long COVID"......I thought it was meant to make you knackered like notso has described, this boy was skipping about quite the thing when 2 up....no so much at the end.��

Threw his clubs in car as well so cudnae be that tired.
    Another person playing the system.
    In my opinion Long Covid will be the new backache.

And?
    That is obvious.
    Amateur golfers can only win a prize in a golf competition up to a certain value which must be taken in vouchers. From memory I think that the maximum prize in vouchers that an amateur golfer could receive in a competition was £500.
    I also seem to remember that a professional golfer could apply for reinstatement as a an amateur to the Scottish Golf Union after they had been a professional golfer for three years.
    It may have changed.
    A number of good young amateur golfers have turned professional after they leave school only to discover that it is a difficult life being a professional golfer on various professional golf tours.

That is obvious.
    Amateur golfers can only win a prize in a golf competition up to a certain value which must be taken in vouchers. From memory I think that the maximum prize in vouchers that an amateur golfer could receive in a competition was £500.
    I also seem to remember that a professional golfer could apply for reinstatement as a an amateur to the Scottish Golf Union after they had been a professional golfer for three years.
    It may have changed.
    A number of good young amateur golfers have turned professional after they leave school only to discover that it is a difficult life being a professional golfer on various professional golf tours.
    Thanks for the clarification, although what it has to do with insurance I have no clue.

I hate golf, pointless game, so know next to nothing about it. Except that it's a game and not a sport of course.

Thanks for the clarification, although what it has to do with insurance I have no clue.

I hate golf, pointless game, so know next to nothing about it. Except that it's a game and not a sport of course.
    Golf.....not a sport.....a way of life

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)