+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome Jack Ross

Quote Originally Posted by Handsup View Post
    I cast my mind back to last closed season, had anyone said to me Jack Ross is your new manager, I would have been delighted….. a year on and, after some twists and turns…it has happened…I’m still effin delighted!
    Me too. As long as the fans don't expect miracles by Christmas I think we have a manager who can really build something. A little bit of patience needed.

I agree but it's a commodity that's in short supply with football fans these days.

Whether he can move us forward depends on if we give him a budget that can improve the squad in the right areas. We need quality up front, out wide and in the middle of the park.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Sometimes you need to bite the bullet,
    the pandemic times we've got through it,
    every season Tony's had to roll the dice,
    and i thought he had phucked up twice.

But Micky Mellon easily kept us up,
    and took us to the Semi's O the cup,
    Tam i thought would seal our fate,
    i was sure United he would relegate.

The Fifers futba was made in hell,
    but by phuck did oor Tam excel,
    we reached heights no seen for years,
    and over the road it ended in tears.

So Europe beckons for the Arabs and Ross,
    we've got a better chance now with him as boss,
    for the first time ever i'll admit he's a star,
    thanks very much Tony Asghar.
    All hail Gunboat the Arabian Makar
    Sinking steel capped words into 'Dairy' Knacker

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Whether he can move us forward depends on if we give him a budget that can improve the squad in the right areas. We need quality up front, out wide and in the middle of the park.
    We definitely need strengthening in a few areas but there's no way that Courts was getting the best out of the players we had.

How many times did he stand on the sidelines doing sweet FA when things were going teets up? A half decent manager can tweak things during a game, Courts rarely did and it usually consisted of taking off one of the young players that probably shouldn't have started in the first place.

We have had a good few false dawns at the club in recent years where we've thought things were changing but I genuinely think we now have a very capable manager in place who can take us forward.

Good luck Jack Ross!

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    I'm sure he'd have sought assurance on this before accepting the job.

Quote Originally Posted by spikeontheright View Post
    We have had a good few false dawns at the club in recent years where we've thought things were changing but I genuinely think we now have a very capable manager in place who can take us forward.

Good luck Jack Ross!
    Totally agree with this. Looking forward to the season ahead now.

Quote Originally Posted by spikeontheright View Post
    We definitely need strengthening in a few areas but there's no way that Courts was getting the best out of the players we had.

How many times did he stand on the sidelines doing sweet FA when things were going teets up? A half decent manager can tweak things during a game, Courts rarely did and it usually consisted of taking off one of the young players that probably shouldn't have started in the first place.

Good luck Jack Ross!

Disagree, I think both Mellon and courts have got the best out of our squad, think the lack of pace and attacking options has been the major factor in the poor football on show the past couple of seasons. It will surely be more competitive league next season, and right now we are going in minus our most creative talent in levitt and same inaffective attack, so squad needs surgery for new manager to maintain top 6.

Don’t know what jack Ross track record is like with young players, but hopefully some can step up to be regulars, rather than the fleeting minutes off bench.

I’m pleased we’ve got JR in, just hope he see’s the appointment in the same way we all wish his tenure to go, in that it’s an opportunity for him to create something special at Tannadice and not just a platform for him to achieve a wee bit success then jump ship with the first decent offer that comes along. Had enough of the managerial Merry go round

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    Disagree, I think both Mellon and courts have got the best out of our squad, think the lack of pace and attacking options has been the major factor in the poor football on show the past couple of seasons. It will surely be more competitive league next season, and right now we are going in minus our most creative talent in levitt and same inaffective attack, so squad needs surgery for new manager to maintain top 6.

Don’t know what jack Ross track record is like with young players, but hopefully some can step up to be regulars, rather than the fleeting minutes off bench.
    We bought the top scorer in Scotland at Christmas and he scored 1 goal after he came to us. That's not getting the best out of your players.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)