+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Papa paintpot fizzy pop tinpot cup

Papa paintpot fizzy pop tinpot cup

Yes its here again, this fantastic little popular cup competition lol.
    For those who are bothered, we've got Doncaster & Lincoln in our group, and a Prem U21 team to be named later on this week.
    That might mean George Miller playing against us then, for Donny.

Google all key dates on "EFL Official Website. Key dates for 2022/2023 Season" including Papa Johns.

Yeah good old papa John, whoever he is lol.
    At least we can say we won this when it was a proper cup, and we were the last to win it under that format in '16. 👍

Dont get why so many Club's and Fan's ridicule this Competition to be honest, a realistic chance of winning some Silverwear , one of the best day's out ever watching the Reds v Oxford , good game and a great atmosphere , smooak that ,,,,

No tahh, I dun't smoke lol.
    This competition is a joke now though because they messed about with the format, by adding groups and inviting Prem U21 teams into it.
    A waste of snap n baccy. 👎

I see it as worthwhile game time for the players the manager decides to select.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    No tahh, I dun't smoke lol.
    This competition is a joke now though because they messed about with the format, by adding groups and inviting Prem U21 teams into it.
    A waste of snap n baccy. 👎
    it's people like thee that dunt gu that meks these remarks " all massive ?" If thadda bin theer that day , tha mite ev got mi point, obviously tha wornt theer !

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    I see it as worthwhile game time for the players the manager decides to select.
    Yeah he might treat it as experimental, it surely won't be taken that seriously.

The one interesting thing they do though (or they did when we were last in it 4 years ago), is have penalties after a group draw, so the winners gain an extra point.
    I wonder if that system will ever be brought into future WC and EC tournament group matches.

Newcastle are the Prem U21 team who will be in our group, in this plastic pee pot competition.
    But if Duffy and the players take it seriously, they could win the group and make it to the knockout rounds.
    And Middlesbrough will host us in the Lg cup, so not a pleasant draw for us there. Having to go up to the place that neither the Yorkies or the Geordies want anything to do with lol.

For sure the club has to take the competition seriously, irrespective what some fans may think about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast