+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bielsas Back

Bielsas Back

Don't give a monkeys about people who whine about us harking back to him, back at Bilbao, looking trim and with a big old smile.

Sad he never gave us a proper goodbye but that is just his style, doesn't make it about himself.

Athletic Bilbao playing in Newcastle on 30th July, gonna be honest, I'll probably go!

Absolute hero, changed the club and city for the good and still hate the board for what they did regardless of whether it might have worked out in the end as I think with the players we had return he would have done the exact same

Yep agree, some people have short memories, 16 years of rubbish, many managers, and this guy in 2 seasons took an average side to the promised land playing football not many of us had ever seen Leeds play. Legend for me, and sad to see him go, stubborn he might have been, but he believed in his principles and stuck to them.

The most amazing management performance I've ever witnessed. To get that squad to do what it did and put on those performances was something ive never seen and I don't believe anyone could have matched what he did.
    A genuine legend. As good a manager as I've ever seen given the resources.

Totally agree Joel

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer999 View Post
    The most amazing management performance I've ever witnessed. To get that squad to do what it did and put on those performances was something ive never seen and I don't believe anyone could have matched what he did.
    A genuine legend. As good a manager as I've ever seen given the resources.
    Bielsa is a Leeds legend. Without Bielsa we don't get promoted. We would be traveling to Luton and Millwall, while the likes of Burnley would probably still be in the Premier League. Although I am way over here in the States, I can see how much pride he brought back to the city. Never complained about the refereeing or the opponents, never bragged. Never saw a manager like him, in all my years.

The style of play totally shocked some teams, but alas they got used to it and used it against us on occasions. First game of 2020 against Liverpool was typical (we were robbed by a penalty that later in the season would not have been given and should have got a draw at least), however, the Bielsa statement was mad that day.

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    The style of play totally shocked some teams, but alas they got used to it and used it against us on occasions. First game of 2020 against Liverpool was typical (we were robbed by a penalty that later in the season would not have been given and should have got a draw at least), however, the Bielsa statement was mad that day.
    I also liked the fact he looked at what we had first to see if he could improve it rather than just wholesale bringing in new players.

He transformed Phillips, Cooper and Dallas. he also knew how to get the best out of Pablo for that team.

Yes we also brought in players but players who a lot of fans had given up on suddenly became amongst the best in the league.

All done with a smile and humility.

One of a kind

I think some words don't pair up well. "Lucky and Leeds United" is definitely an example.

However, we, as fans, were lucky to have lived through the Bielsa era. A wonderful time with great moments as well as some not so good. I consider myself very fortunate to have experienced it.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    I think some words don't pair up well. "Lucky and Leeds United" is definitely an example.

However, we, as fans, were lucky to have lived through the Bielsa era. A wonderful time with great moments as well as some not so good. I consider myself very fortunate to have experienced it.
    I get what you are saying maybe privileged?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)