+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Millers set to sign Lincoln defender

Deleted.

Lincoln fans seem to think he's rapid but hasn't a great end product and a bit weak in the defending duties.

Sounds like Ogbene rapid can’t defend and no end product and he’s the dogs wotsits with the fans so he’ll do for me

I think we have to trust the research work that the recruitment team do and the views of PW and management. We need players in and through the door, to prepare for a hard season. Work on the 80/20 rule with 80% being good decisions and they will have done well. What wont suit us is delays in getting the core squad assembled and having a full pre-season together. The Smith and Icky situation is ridiculous now and being held hostage by the pair of them isn't good for the club. The end of June contract date is totally irrelevant, that is purely related to the existing contract, as far as the club know they will not be Rotherham players on the 1st July, that has to be the working assumption. The offers made to them should have an expiry date and that should have passed by now, the club sets that date NOT the players

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    I think we have to trust the research work that the recruitment team do and the views of PW and management. We need players in and through the door, to prepare for a hard season. Work on the 80/20 rule with 80% being good decisions and they will have done well. What wont suit us is delays in getting the core squad assembled and having a full pre-season together. The Smith and Icky situation is ridiculous now and being held hostage by the pair of them isn't good for the club. The end of June contract date is totally irrelevant, that is purely related to the existing contract, as far as the club know they will not be Rotherham players on the 1st July, that has to be the working assumption. The offers made to them should have an expiry date and that should have passed by now, the club sets that date NOT the players
    DM, it's all about fine tuning the final decisions on players. Yes it may appear that they are holding the club to ransom but with Smudge having been back in for further talks with Warne and Co it's not over yet with him.

As for Icky, well he too is trying to get the best and probably last deal for himself and his family. The Derby fiasco is a complete utter s.hite of a mess or he'd be gone now. That may mean he climbs down on the wage demand and resigns for us, personally I don't care if he goes.

I think we'll see a lot of movement towards the end of the week before they set off for pre season training. Don't forget, we are Rotherham United and we are always very slow at releasing and bringing new players into the team, you should be use to that by now

DerbyMiller, just received a text saying Icky is signing for the pigs so that's one off the list.

Not 100% this is legit so we'll have to wait and see. This source is not normally far off with their info though

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    DerbyMiller, just received a text saying Icky is signing for the pigs so that's one off the list.

Not 100% this is legit so we'll have to wait and see. This source is not normally far off with their info though
    Would fit in with the Owls " evolution"

Once a big club now a league 1 outfit signing league 1 players

Brin you make a good point.
    Well you know my view on players leaving us for Wednesday, I understand the argument over best deal etc, but for me it shows what the players really think of Rotherham United and it's fans, it shows a lack of respect and they will deserve all the abuse they will get. However how anyone can sign for a club that could go bust financially at anytime and has in recent seasons under the same ownership failed to pay wages, that is not a good decision.

Don’t think it’s got anything to do with a lack of respect to the club or fans . He’s trying to get the best possible deal he can . We Carnt or won’t match what the Wendy’s are offering.

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    Don’t think it’s got anything to do with a lack of respect to the club or fans . He’s trying to get the best possible deal he can . We Carnt or won’t match what the Wendy’s are offering.
    I'll go for "won't"
    We can do better...we have to do better.
    Not worried about this. Time for Icky - and RUFC - to move on.
    Thanks for everything and good luck (...you'll need it )

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast