+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jayden Richardson

Jayden Richardson

Gone to Aberdeen on a permanent deal. Looks like a direct replacement for the lad they sold to Liverpool.
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/61874918

Good luck to the lad and I will keep an eye on how his career up here in the north east of Scotland develops. I know there were a lot of good reviews about much of his time at Notts but I was really disappointed with his performance in the playoff match v Grimsby. However Jim Goodwin at Aberdeen must think he is a good fit to replace the departing Calvin Ramsay so here’s hoping that Jayden has a bright future in the game this side of the border.

Seems to me to have lots of potential and great physical attributes but lacks something in terms of composure and football brain.

Quote Originally Posted by KintoreMagpie View Post
    Good luck to the lad and I will keep an eye on how his career up here in the north east of Scotland develops. I know there were a lot of good reviews about much of his time at Notts but I was really disappointed with his performance in the playoff match v Grimsby. However Jim Goodwin at Aberdeen must think he is a good fit to replace the departing Calvin Ramsay so here’s hoping that Jayden has a bright future in the game this side of the border.
    I’ll wish him good luck (now that he doesn’t play for them) Got to forget about the Grimsby game. With IB set on that formation, and considering the other options, we wouldn’t have made the playoffs without him, or would’ve bombed for sure if we’d sneaked in
    Last edited by the_anticlough; 21-06-2022 at 09:23 AM.

Everyone calls out the Grimsby game but it was one very tired decision at the end of the game. We could have also defended the set piece a lot better, it wasn't just his fault!

He could do with more composure in front of goal, the two open goal misses against Stockport come to mind but it's what you expect from an inexperienced player, I wish him all the best, I wouldn't have been against Notts signing him permanently but obviously not an option

The times I saw him he seemed to get worse as the season progressed not sure the way we were playing suited him. Good luck to the lad.

He has a lot of potential and will be a good player with a bit more experience.

I wish him well as he showed occasionally how good he could be. He's a half decent wing back but needs to improve his final ball as I struggle to remember a time he managed to cross to the back post.

It was just the one very tired decision but it was also a very needless and ultimately very costly decision. It's hard to play it down. After that it's pinball in the penalty area, owt can happen.

When I saw Richardson he was either impressive or poor , never really in between in matches. Agree with others his speed was a real assist going both ways but he got into some really great attacking positions and his choice of pass and/or it's execution under minimal pressure were often poor resulting in another wasted opportunity.

Lots of potential, wish him well. Great move for the lad.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Everyone calls out the Grimsby game but it was one very tired decision at the end of the game. We could have also defended the set piece a lot better, it wasn't just his fault!

He could do with more composure in front of goal, the two open goal misses against Stockport come to mind but it's what you expect from an inexperienced player, I wish him all the best, I wouldn't have been against Notts signing him permanently but obviously not an option
    Absolutely agree with all the above 👍

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast