+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 📝 Cedwyn Scott Signs

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    But, but, but it's just a computer game . . .

No need to search for post of the day, this was a beauty.

He is only 5ft 10" tall

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    He is only 5ft 10" tall
    Play the ball on the floor, not in the air?

Quote Originally Posted by meoldlaner View Post
    With all these Northeasterners, that dressing room is going to sound like an episode of When the boat comes in!
    Why aye, tha' chock a block mon !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOx8Uc4eWRY

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    Don't understand why Gateshead selling there top strikers. After such a good promotion
    Pure guesswork here when I say maybe it was a case of you can have our strikers, we will take Knight, but hands off our manager?

After looking at highlights of a couple of Gateshead games, I was very impressed with Scott's close control and vision in and around the box, seemed much better than Wootton, (albeit at a lower level).
    I was very suprised to see he only had eight assists last season, given what I had seen. This tells you he didn't have a massive impact on the goals Langstaff scored, but overall impression was that I was very impressed.

Interview:

Our new forward Cedwyn Scott insists he’s more than just a goalscorer.

The 23-year-old arrives after bagging 24 league goals in Gateshead’s charge to the National League title last season.

He did so alongside fellow new arrival Macaulay Langstaff, who also had a sensational season for the Tynesiders, and he’s looking forward to working with him again at Meadow Lane.

“Macaulay has lightning pace and stretches the game well with his runs in behind,” said Scott.

“Last season that gave me more space to operate in, which allowed me to create as well as score.

“I’d definitely say there’s more to my game than out-and-out goalscoring.”

Scott, nevertheless, is proud of his record so far in a career which has seen him taste life in the SPL as well as the hugely competitive non-league north-east scene.

“I’ve always scored goals – my record as a youth player was very good and whenever I’ve had a run in the team I’ve always delivered a good return wherever I’ve been,” he said.

“It’s been a fairly tough journey to this point. After starting my professional career at a decent level I found myself at a stage where I wanted to go back to the north-east to start enjoying my football again.

“That really allowed me to kick on and led to the successful season I had last year.”

Scott is now focused on carrying his fine form into his new surroundings.

“I’m relishing the opportunity to play for a big club in front of big crowds with big expectations,” he said.

“Last season I got a taste for winning trophies and personal accolades and I want to do that again with this club.

“Once I found out about the interest and had a look around, I was blown away by the set-up and was really keen to get everything done.”

Scott was also keen to thank the club he departs for the key role they played in his development.

“I’m really grateful to Gateshead – we had a great group of lads and a coaching staff which allowed me to flourish and express myself,” he said.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...quotes-210622/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234