+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: William Hill odds for next season.

William Hill odds for next season.

The Alex come in at 9/1. This places us 15th. Of course, they go for the money and shortest odds are on Stockport, Bradford, Salford and Mansfield. However, if the betting meant anything in reality, by now Bradford and Salford would probably be in line for the Champions League!!
    I imagine that we will consolidate at about 10th next season.

I am hoping for a steady season finishing around 12th or 13th place. The squad currently is not capable of achieving more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    The Alex come in at 9/1. This places us 15th. Of course, they go for the money and shortest odds are on Stockport, Bradford, Salford and Mansfield. However, if the betting meant anything in reality, by now Bradford and Salford would probably be in line for the Champions League!!
    I imagine that we will consolidate at about 10th next season.

I think with the current level of recruitment being a long way short of what is required and the signals being sent out from the club that not a lot more to come in I think we will be lucky to stay in the league, I applaud your optimism Gazan and I hope you are right however 20th at best this current squad is poor on numbers and quality and too many kids in the first team squad I don’t want to see a repeat of last season but it appears to be where we are heading.

They also have us at 3/1 to make the playoffs - but then nobody's priced worse than 9/2, or better than 4/6, with the big money being odds on as you say.

Bet365 have us at 25-1 to win outright, and 6-1 to be promoted.

Seems like teams can have FIVE subs next season which means we may need 16 players for the first team squad and in that case we will be lucky to stay out of the bottom 6. There is no way you can have academy graduates playing pro football without getting injured or being good enough for two or three seasons. The aim should be no more than two graduates in the first team which will invariably weaken us. Meanwhile the rest of L2 will save 680 grand by not having a Cat2 academy and have better players as a result. ie we no longer have multi million pound graduates or players. Can someone tell the Chairman its time to start with a clean slate after one of the worst seasons we had for what 60 years?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    Bet365 have us at 25-1 to win outright, and 6-1 to be promoted.

The squad is currently very very poor so I would say 250-1 to win the league and 60-1 we get promoted and I still would not put a penny on the clubs board continue to be a bunch of clowns.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    Seems like teams can have FIVE subs next season which means we may need 16 players for the first team squad and in that case we will be lucky to stay out of the bottom 6. There is no way you can have academy graduates playing pro football without getting injured or being good enough for two or three seasons. The aim should be no more than two graduates in the first team which will invariably weaken us. Meanwhile the rest of L2 will save 680 grand by not having a Cat2 academy and have better players as a result. ie we no longer have multi million pound graduates or players. Can someone tell the Chairman its time to start with a clean slate after one of the worst seasons we had for what 60 years?

All first team pros should be knowhere near Gresty Road never mind the first team they should be learning their trade in the non league and I include Zac Williams in that we need proven quality not potential.

Death, taxes and Wartman being pessimistic.
    All absolutely nailed on.
    Whenever I feel life is good, but need taking down a peg, I log in to this site and wartman never disappoints.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    I think with the current level of recruitment being a long way short of what is required and the signals being sent out from the club that not a lot more to come in I think we will be lucky to stay in the league, I applaud your optimism Gazan and I hope you are right however 20th at best this current squad is poor on numbers and quality and too many kids in the first team squad I don’t want to see a repeat of last season but it appears to be where we are heading.
    If we are in the same situation in three weeks time I will agree with you Wartman, but I optimistically believe things will start moving after we see June out. I don't really understand how odds can be set at this stage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast