+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Annual squad thread

Annual squad thread

With the new signings today it seems an appropriate time to start my annual 1 and only thread. With a new manager in, we don’t really know what formation is likely and whether players are to be deployed in slightly unfamiliar positions so initially I’ll list them as what I understand them to be their natural positions.

GK - Slocombe
    GK - (Brooks - contract)
    GK -

RB - Adebayo-Rowling
    RB - Brindley
    LB - Chicksen
    LB - Taylor

CB - Cameron
    CB - Rawlinson
    CB - Baldwin
    CB -

CM - Palmer
    CM - O’Brien
    CM - Vincent
    CM - Francis
    CM -

AM - Rodrigues
    AM - Roberts
    AM - Namane

ST - Langstaff
    ST - Scott
    ST - Mitchell
    ST - Munakandafa
    ST -

Still need the big target man

Quote Originally Posted by Nottscounty1 View Post
    Still need the big target man
    Agreed, 1-0 down with 10 to go, get him on, play some Scud-Ball.

Agreed. Another GK unless Brooks signs up and is the real deal. A CB and probably a RB if Brinds is playing in the centre. A bit of steel in the midfield and a different option up front for starters.

Central Midfielder would be my wish / priority next. Take your time Notts, more than happy to wait as long as we get a good'un in the building.

We’ve not solved the height problem at set pieces yet, especially with Wootton being replaced by two players under 6 foot and Baldwin being 6 foot.

I’d say we need a left wing back and let the inconsistent Taylor go; a Ryan Yates-esque midfielder; and a good-touch-for-a-big-man centre forward. Not sure we need a second keeper (assuming Brooks re-signs). The other unknown is if we can hold onto RR and CR.

Good lord, that midfield is scary, and not for the right reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Good lord, that midfield is scary, and not for the right reasons.
    Certainly needs a serious upgrade , it's a priority make no bones about it.

That central midfield signing makes or breaks the season. Palmer is obviously class, and I think the other three have a role to play in different scenarios, but none are that nailed on partner for him that we need.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    That central midfield signing makes or breaks the season. Palmer is obviously class, and I think the other three have a role to play in different scenarios, but none are that nailed on partner for him that we need.
    I think the midfield is that poor that if we intend to play three across the middle we need two more to play alongside Palmer.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast