+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Annual squad thread

In his interviews with Magpie Circle and also Notts County Talk, LW said he doesn't have a preferred formation and plays to the team he has available, but having listened to NCT with Gabriel Sutton it would seem a formation he really likes is 3-4-2-1, it is going to be interesting to see who plays where, but for now I have gone with:

3-4-2-1

Slocombe

3 from Brindley, Bajrami, Baldwin, Cameron

Rowling Palmer Austin Chicksen

Langstaff/Roberts Rodrigues/Langstaff

Scott

Subs/Squad: Brooks (loan?), Rawlinson, (the unlucky Central Defender), Taylor, Vincent, Francis, JOB, Nemane, Mitchell, Luther (loan?).

Assumptions: Roberts or Rodrigues departs.

Still think we will get a loan keeper in, and we need a CF.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    As the squad stands, I reckon Austin plays in midfield
    There's a suggestion on the Kidderminster Harriers board that Austin began with them playing as a right-back and then got pushed further forward to great effect, so that suggests to me that he's going to be Adebayo-Rowling's main competition at right-wing-back, albeit with the option of playing further forward too. I don't think Brindley can be realistically regarded as a contender/cover for RWB any more. His future looks to be as a central defender, where he is best on filling the right-hand side position in a back three.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    There's a suggestion on the Kidderminster Harriers board that Austin began with them playing as a right-back and then got pushed further forward to great effect, so that suggests to me that he's going to be Adebayo-Rowling's main competition at right-wing-back, albeit with the option of playing further forward too. I don't think Brindley can be realistically regarded as a contender/cover for RWB any more. His future looks to be as a central defender, where he is best on filling the right-hand side position in a back three.
    Good points! It is going to be an exciting pre-season build up. At the moment we are all trying to put names in positions or work out who might fit where, but the Radar/recruitment panel might have seen/ or have in mind something completely different .

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    He said that in his interview but was clear he now sees himself as a no10.

And a very good number 10
    Likes attacking and a big plus likes running forwards

I heard too, that Austin started as a right back, but would be amazed if we were thinking of having him and TAR competing for one spot. Austin seems to have improved and got rave reviews, as well as goals for moving further forward.
    It does show that he can put a tackle in though, so will add bite wherever he plays. He also has played left back and is two footed. Makes a cracking cup of tea also 🤣

Have just updated the squad page on the website here https://www.nottscountystats.com/copy-of-squad-2022-23

I think I've got everyone and all the contracts correct. Unless I've missed it, still waiting for confirmation of squad numbers, I'm assuming we will get that once the kits are launched.

Have just been reviewing the squad and possible formations and i can see this coming season being an extremely interesting one when it comes to team selection.

As it stands we have to assume we start with the current squad, that means no more additions and no more departures. I realise that's highly unlikely but I'm struggling to decide the best way forward for our 'current' squad.

I quite like the idea of having a back four with Bajrami sat just in front, and then with a 3 in front of him and 2 forwards, 4-1-3-2.

But how would that look?

..........................Slocombe................ ...........

Brindley/Rowling - Baldwin - Cameron - Chicksen

........................ Bajrami ...............................

...Austin/Roberts - Ruben - Palmer....................

......................Scott - Langstaff......................

However, if we go 3 at the back . . .

.........................Slocombe................. ..........

.....Brindley - Baldwin/Bajrami - Cameron........

Rowling - Austin/Roberts - Palmer - Ruben - Taylor

........................Scott - Langstaff...................

In both cases Ruben sits in the hole just behind the two forwards.

I thought last seasons squad really suited a back 3 but at the moment I much prefer the look of a back 4. A lot will depend on who we have at our disposal at the start of the season, but we already have a number of playing style options in the squad, especially considering I haven't included JOB, Nemane, Francis, Vincent, Mitchell, Rawlo and Munakandafa.
    Last edited by ncfcog; 28-06-2022 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Additional text

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678