+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 22/23 Wolves transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfiebill View Post
    Conor Coady to Everton is a done deal. I hope that doesn't come back to bite us in the A*se. I've got a lot of time for CC
    Conor's departure was inevitable as soon as the club appointed Lage, the desire for more attractive / entertaining football to capture the attention of football fans in the far east is why he was appointed, and what he now has to deliver. Interesting that Jeff Shi has taken responsibility for the decision on the main site as it will be unpopular with the fan base. Conor is clearly desperate to get regular football and make the England squad for Qatar. I wish him well, this is a sad moment a big part of our club and its identity is gone. I think that only leaves Ruben from the promotion season squad?

Matheus Nunes… fee agreed with Sporting Lisbon apparently what a signing this would be!

Club record fee and it would be very satisfying if the rumours that he snubbed West Ham for Wolves were true.

Brilliant signing if true but I have a sneaky suspicion we may sell a player to compensate for this.

Get a number 9 in now and I'll be extremely happy.

Never doubted Fosun, me.

Quote Originally Posted by sausagenegg View Post
    Club record fee and it would be very satisfying if the rumours that he snubbed West Ham for Wolves were true.

Brilliant signing if true but I have a sneaky suspicion we may sell a player to compensate for this.

Get a number 9 in now and I'll be extremely happy.

Never doubted Fosun, me.
    You’re probably right about someone being sold, FFP and all that… And yes we still need a centre forward…

Mattheus Nunes signing confirmed overnight on the Wolves FC site, the box to box Midfielder we’ve needed for some time... It’s going to be interesting to see the next few team selections, on paper we now have one of the strongest midfields in the Premier league.

MGW to Forest for £35 million agreed apparently. I guess that balances out the Nunes deal but a little sad to see Morgan go if its true, he's one of our own...

Shame.

From E&S:

"He was offered a new contract in May but has yet to sign it and the Express & Star understands he had no intention to sign it, which resulted in Wolves agreeing to let him go."

I was under the impression he wanted to stay.

Never seemed to be able to get it going at Wolves. More competition at Molineux as well with Guedes coming in. No ill will toward MGW as you always hope your homegrown players work out. I think Wolves got a great price for him considering he’s got 48 Prem appearances and only one goal

[QUOTE=sausagenegg;40100349]Shame.

From E&S:

"He was offered a new contract in May but has yet to sign it and the Express & Star understands he had no intention to sign it, which resulted in Wolves agreeing to let him go."

I think he was uncertain about his future at Wolves and wanted to see how things panned out this season before signing a new contract… Fair enough given he couldn’t command a regular place under Nuno. He’s worked with Cooper previously who clearly believes in him, he probably feels a bit of loyalty to his local side but that there’s more chance of a regular first team place at Forest… I’d probably go in his situation.

Steve Cooper also managed MGW when he scored in the final and won the U17's World Cup for England.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)