+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Pope has gone

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Pace runs the club, not the manager or any players, nothing happens without Pace agreeing to it. The manager might have wanted to keep Tarkowski, the player might have wanted to stay, none of it matters, if Pace had decided we needed to sell him, he would have been sold, but Pace decided to go along with what Dyche wanted, which was a huge mistake, the results of which can now be seen. Relegated into the Championship and huge debts staring us in the face.

The buck starts and stops with the man making the decisions.
    Whilst I agree with you in principle, I was told by someone who works at the club that Pace hosted a dinner for staff and players shortly after Dyche was sacked.

At the dinner he told everyone that regretted not sacking Dyche earlier and that he did not want to rock the boat about Tarks. Dyche didn’t want to sell. Pace did but deferred to Dyche, not wising to create a situation early in the relationship.

I think we all agree that, despite how well Tarks played for us this last season, it would have been better business to have sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    Whilst I agree with you in principle, I was told by someone who works at the club that Pace hosted a dinner for staff and players shortly after Dyche was sacked.

At the dinner he told everyone that regretted not sacking Dyche earlier and that he did not want to rock the boat about Tarks. Dyche didn’t want to sell. Pace did but deferred to Dyche, not wising to create a situation early in the relationship.

I think we all agree that, despite how well Tarks played for us this last season, it would have been better business to have sold.
    I fully accept the above Swiss, it just worries me even more. Mr Pace is supposed to be a hard-nosed American businessman, but acted like he wanted to be everyone's favourite uncle, and this is where it's landed us. I honestly don't get it, there are some huge sports franchises in American Football, Ice Hockey, Baseball and Basketball, I cannot imagine the owners of any of them, while they might consult them, actually deferring to a coach on a matter that could jeopardise the whole financial future of the franchise.

But Mr Pace did, and now admits he regrets it, as well he might. But too late now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Stop now mon ami.
    Come on BT, you know me better than that, I shall continue to express my opinion, and everyone else will continue to tell me I'm wrong, when they think I am. Which is as it should be surely. ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)