Carlisle United are delighted to confirm that Fulham midfielder Sonny Hilton has joined the club on a season-long loan deal ahead of the 2022/23 campaign.

He has also represented England at under-16 level and captained Fulham’s under-18 side as he continued his progression at his parent club.

He enjoyed a loan spell with Finnish side TPS Turku between April and July 2021 and returned to skipper the under-23 squad during the 2021/22 season.

Playing on the right of midfield, and in the middle, he was part of the team that clinched the Premier League 2 Division 2 title, securing their promotion in style.

Manager Paul Simpson said: “Sonny is a player I know from when I was working with the England under-19 set-up. He’s a really talented footballer, but also a great lad as well.

“I enjoyed working with him and I heard he was available for a loan for the coming season a few weeks ago. He had a really successful season with the 23s at Fulham last time out and they feel he’s ready.

“His numbers in terms of assists and goals were as good as it’s been, and I want players like that in the club.

“I like young, hungry and talented footballers and, like I say, I want that type of player in the building.”

Looks promising but MORE PLEASE.