+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Return to training

Return to training

I see the OS says "Those overcoming injuries, Zac Williams, Connor Salisbury, Rio Adebisi, Joel Tabinor and Sean Lawton continued their rehabilitation separately in the gym and on the Astroturf. " So Connor Salisbury's at Reaseheath, though no word yet that he's signed?

If all those youngsters are injured (some we knew would miss pre-season like Zac of course) we could be short of players in some of the early pre-season games!

Quote Originally Posted by ShropshireAlex View Post
    I see the OS says "Those overcoming injuries, Zac Williams, Connor Salisbury, Rio Adebisi, Joel Tabinor and Sean Lawton continued their rehabilitation separately in the gym and on the Astroturf. " So Connor Salisbury's at Reaseheath, though no word yet that he's signed?

If all those youngsters are injured (some we knew would miss pre-season like Zac of course) we could be short of players in some of the early pre-season games!

Probably had enough for a six a side game with one of the teams having a rolling keeper 😂😂😂😂😂

We have got 2 keepers, but with Tom Booth being only 18 they still need to sign someone - ideally a fully fledged keeper, but if not some top side's u-23 looks likely, there are always young Premiership keepers floating around.

Excellent - Salisbury has signed, 3 year deal (another I thought someone told us definitely would not ....) - maybe the 3rd year was the clincher. And they're close to a deal to usher Gomes out the door too, maybe even better news! (And with his wages off the books room to bring someone extra in when they go out of contract this time next week ...)

Excellent - Salisbury has signed, 3 year deal (another I thought someone told us definitely would not ....) - maybe the 3rd year was the clincher. And they're close to a deal to usher Gomes out the door too, maybe even better news! (And with his wages off the books, room to bring someone extra in when they go out of contract this time next week ...)

Good to see that Gomes might be on his way soon. As you say, frees up a bit of money.
    As for Salisbury, I wait to be convinced. I've only seen him 3 times so I have to give him a chance. What I've seen is a willing runner, a bit of a cross between Long and Kashket. A 3 year contract has me a little concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Good to see that Gomes might be on his way soon. As you say, frees up a bit of money.
    As for Salisbury, I wait to be convinced. I've only seen him 3 times so I have to give him a chance. What I've seen is a willing runner, a bit of a cross between Long and Kashket. A 3 year contract has me a little concerned.
    And Gomes now gone!

We didn't see the goals from Salisbury in his sub appearances for the first team, but he was a regular scorer in the Youth Cup and for the U-23s, never mind the U-18s - I suspect/hope that's why they've given him 3 years, and he may well be one for a loan at lower level where he can get scoring in men's football.

Great that he's gone! However we need now to make sure he is more than replaced!
    Interesting to see where he manages to go. Perhaps Cyprus!

Talking of where people go - no word yet of Lowery, Mandron, Jaaskelainen etc's new homes.

Suppose they're waiting for July 1st.