+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rail Strike, Labour & Starmer.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Why does it matter? Whether he supported them or not, nothing would have been any different.

Tories have been in power for 12 years and have an 80 seat majority. They don't care about these strikes, because its in their interest it goes ahead so they can do their usual and create division and blame everyone else.

The Daily Mail's front page headline yesterday saying Labour isn't working, when the Govt haven't lifted a finger to try and negotiate or prevent it. Not one meeting in the last week between RMT and the Government to try and resolve this strike.

But yeah... Starmer's fault.

Millions will read and believe it. As I've said many times - people aren't too bright in this country.
    That’s a somewhat arrogant post. The government can be blamed for some of the country’s ills but certainly not all. The RMT are a pack of selfish, greedy tw@ts. They deserve to be broken. If they win, it will just drive up the cost of living for everyone and there are very many groups a lot worse off than the train drivers. That’s my view anyway, as one who didn’t vote Tory and as someone who was an office union rep.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    As usual you’re hiding from the question.

What is Labour and Starmer’s position on this?

I’ve watched various news outlets and I haven’t a clue!?

Is he willing to give the unions the rise they want ( if he were in power ) and does he agree with the strikes?
    As usual you've fallen into the Tory propaganda trap.

Its obvious why he's not giving a position, because he'll get pelters from both sides if he does. So its a no win situation. The sensible position is the one he's taken, which is to ask both sides to get around the table and negotiate.

Why is it important to you, when it won't make any difference to the situation or how you'll vote?

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    That’s a somewhat arrogant post. The government can be blamed for some of the country’s ills but certainly not all. The RMT are a pack of selfish, greedy tw@ts. They deserve to be broken. If they win, it will just drive up the cost of living for everyone and there are very many groups a lot worse off than the train drivers. That’s my view anyway, as one who didn’t vote Tory and as someone who was an office union rep.
    The cost of living crisis is not down to railway workers. Its down to contributory actions from the Government.

I just don't get why or how Starmer/Labour can receive any blame for this situation - unless you read the Daily Mail and believe it of course.

I sincerely hope for Kier's sake that he's wearing reinforced underpants. I'm told sitting on fences can be uncomfortable enough as it is. Sitting on a picket fence sounds excruciating.....

Very good!

Of course the RMT are not to blame for the current economic crisis but I agree with Ketts that the actions of this union smacks of selfishness at this time (and I'm a union rep). As 123 says, Starmer is doing nothing wrong in pushing for more negotiations to try and resolve-something the Tories seem to have avoided doing-but, like Mick, I agree that he also needs to make his own position clear on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    I sincerely hope for Kier's sake that he's wearing reinforced underpants. I'm told sitting on fences can be uncomfortable enough as it is. Sitting on a picket fence sounds excruciating.....

Totally agree. Starmer is a genius at sitting on the fence and never comes out with any solutions. I would love his take on Ukraine and how he could improve things and of course on his ways to tackle inflation and the cost of living! But no he’s great at slamming the government and ramming home Partygate even though he had a few beers himself and was late in declaring hospitality freebies.

Top man at the CPS - no wonder it’s in a mess and still no change there!

As usual you've fallen into the Tory propaganda trap.

Its obvious why he's not giving a position, because he'll get pelters from both sides if he does. So its a no win situation. The sensible position is the one he's taken, which is to ask both sides to get around the table and negotiate.

Why is it important to you, when it won't make any difference to the situation or how you'll vote?
    You are an arrogant t w a t.

You have absolutely no idea how I’ll vote.

I’ve voted Liberal, Labour and Tory in the past.

Your pomposity and arrogance knows no bounds, you’re brimming over with superiority FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    You are an arrogant t w a t.

You have absolutely no idea how I’ll vote.

I’ve voted Liberal, Labour and Tory in the past.

Your pomposity and arrogance knows no bounds, you’re brimming over with superiority FFS.
    You and my wife would get on well. I am an arrogant t w a t, I'll agree with you on that.

But from my perception of you on here, I do have a very good idea of how you will vote.

You and my wife would get on well. I am an arrogant t w a t, I'll agree with you on that.

But from my perception of you on here, I do have a very good idea of how you will vote.
    Arrogance isn’t a virtue, if you know you are and others point it out then you should do something about it.

You remain clueless as to how I’ll vote, I haven’t made up my mind yet.

I will consider Labour once they have a proper leader with a dynamic plan and they get rid of idiots like Rayner and her ilk.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)