+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Georgie Kelly

Georgie Kelly

Why has everybody written off Georgie Kelly. Nearly every mention on twitter is saying he will be loaned out. I don't get it.
    Top scorer in Ireland,
    6ft 2.
    Scored as many goals in 20min as Smith did in his last 10 games.
    Was an assured finish as well, seemed very 'natural'. In that same cameo, he assisted Woods offside goal, and nearly got on the end of a cross for a brace. Other than the goal area action, he chased around, maybe not knowing the role as well as Smith, but he didn't look lazy.
    I get that fans think Warne didn't rate him, but he got injured just when he was getting fit from the Irish close season and probably missed some earlier cameos/starts when our form had dipped. It must have felt a big risk for Warne to go with an untested striker later in the run in.
    I heard a few interviews with him after the season, where he sounded really intelligent and humble. He described Smith as "a beast" and said the fitness coaches had got him on Smith's weights regime. He sounded really up for the challenge. If he has bulked up a bit and the coaches can drill him into the role required, why can't he be the 'natural' striker we have not had since Robins in the Championship?
    Surely he deserves a run out in the pre season before writing him off.

Can't hurt giving him gametime..why not.

If Paul Warne thought it was risky to play him in league 1 then he’s got to have made a massive improvement for a place in the Championship

But who knows?

He could be the new hero

Give him a chance he'll be one of our forwards next season along with Washington & 2 more.

I think signing him was an insurance plan for end of season when we risked Smith leaving on top of Ladapo. If we didn't sign him January someone else would. Plus he has come from non league, so our coaches will have been able to give him an extra 5-6 months training to get him up to speed. Plus if the scouts and coaches didn't think he was going to be good enough we wouldn't have signed him.

He’ll want to leave after he’s been running up them hills 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    If Paul Warne thought it was risky to play him in league 1 then he’s got to have made a massive improvement for a place in the Championship

But who knows?

He could be the new hero
    Risky? More to do with his fitness going on previous signings plus Warney would’ve always put Smithie first

Let’s hope his goal wasn’t a one off and Millerstime? Was right

Quote Originally Posted by Millerman_II View Post
    Why has everybody written off Georgie Kelly. Nearly every mention on twitter is saying he will be loaned out. I don't get it.
    Top scorer in Ireland,
    6ft 2.
    Scored as many goals in 20min as Smith did in his last 10 games.
    Was an assured finish as well, seemed very 'natural'. In that same cameo, he assisted Woods offside goal, and nearly got on the end of a cross for a brace. Other than the goal area action, he chased around, maybe not knowing the role as well as Smith, but he didn't look lazy.
    I get that fans think Warne didn't rate him, but he got injured just when he was getting fit from the Irish close season and probably missed some earlier cameos/starts when our form had dipped. It must have felt a big risk for Warne to go with an untested striker later in the run in.
    I heard a few interviews with him after the season, where he sounded really intelligent and humble. He described Smith as "a beast" and said the fitness coaches had got him on Smith's weights regime. He sounded really up for the challenge. If he has bulked up a bit and the coaches can drill him into the role required, why can't he be the 'natural' striker we have not had since Robins in the Championship?
    Surely he deserves a run out in the pre season before writing him off.
    Don’t get carried away mate just because he scores goals, Steve Bull, Pukki, Mitrovic, Alf all goal scorers but failed the higher they went,Irish league to Championship is a massive jump.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Don’t get carried away mate just because he scores goals, Steve Bull, Pukki, Mitrovic, Alf all goal scorers but failed the higher they went,Irish league to Championship is a massive jump.
    Agree a big jump, but we'll never know unless we try.

Blood him, give him the game time as we are allowed 5 subs this coming season. Surely he gets a run out?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast