+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: Prediction League 2021/22

Quote Originally Posted by leedsmiller View Post
    Predictions are all about luck to a great extent but I thought the 5 points for goals scored was excessive and shifted the emphasis more towards good fortune. I'd keep the concept as it adds interest but I'd reduce it to a 3 point bonus and introduce the H, A, D scoring system as suggested that way scoring would be better aligned generally and 5 points for a weekly win more meaningful.
    LM, thanks for the input much appreciated. I feel the H,A,D system would be better served with a 1, 2 and 3 point scoring placement.

I haven't actually taken the time to go through who won the most goal bonus points, maybe I should if only to see who benefited the most. I'll post my findings later.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    LM, thanks for the input much appreciated. I feel the H,A,D system would be better served with a 1, 2 and 3 point scoring placement.

I haven't actually taken the time to go through who won the most goal bonus points, maybe I should if only to see who benefited the most. I'll post my findings later.
    If you haven't already done it Brin then I can save you some time and let you know that taking away all the goal bonuses would have made little difference to the way the league finished and in fact you would have won by more.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    If you haven't already done it Brin then I can save you some time and let you know that taking away all the goal bonuses would have made little difference to the way the league finished and in fact you would have won by more.
    CAM, thanks for that.I really did have a good season then with a first and two seconds from all comps.

I know you said you'd open a thread in a couple of weeks Brin but as I'm off to Hawaii soon here's my thoughts, just thoughts, don't feel any need to implement any of theme. You're the Boss of PL.

If we are thinking of going down the scoring complexity of a 3 tiered system (H=1, A=2, D=3) I'd prefer us to just go back to a simple score prediction competition where the posters predict the scores and are given 2pts for a correct result or 5pts for a correct score. Cut down the number of predictions to 5 if 10 seems too many to work with.

A weekly bonus if anyone gets all results correct and a bigger bonus if anyone gets all scores correct (will never happen unless it's an April Fool like I tried that year with Corner ). A 5pt weekly bonus for the predictions winner(s).

Keep Goal Bonus at 5 and if we do go down the scoring predictions route it can still apply even if games get cancelled. Just tot up the goals for the games that did get played.

Joker - whatever format we go for I'd like to see the joker applied after all the prediction scores have been tallied and bonuses added. I don't think it's fair that someone playing their joker who has a mediocre week can 'pinch' the weekly win bonus off someone who has had a good or great week.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I know you said you'd open a thread in a couple of weeks Brin but as I'm off to Hawaii soon here's my thoughts, just thoughts, don't feel any need to implement any of theme. You're the Boss of PL.

If we are thinking of going down the scoring complexity of a 3 tiered system (H=1, A=2, D=3) I'd prefer us to just go back to a simple score prediction competition where the posters predict the scores and are given 2pts for a correct result or 5pts for a correct score. Cut down the number of predictions to 5 if 10 seems too many to work with.

A weekly bonus if anyone gets all results correct and a bigger bonus if anyone gets all scores correct (will never happen unless it's an April Fool like I tried that year with Corner ). A 5pt weekly bonus for the predictions winner(s).

Keep Goal Bonus at 5 and if we do go down the scoring predictions route it can still apply even if games get cancelled. Just tot up the goals for the games that did get played.

Joker - whatever format we go for I'd like to see the joker applied after all the prediction scores have been tallied and bonuses added. I don't think it's fair that someone playing their joker who has a mediocre week can 'pinch' the weekly win bonus off someone who has had a good or great week.
    CAM, thanks for this. I'll bare in mind what you've suggested, definitely like the last one. Have a great time in Hawaii, love the place. I'll probably be putting something up end of June.

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536