+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: what advice would you give RMT unioin

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Any chance that Cobra would post on here?
    No idea b cram he's posting on site I'm on now.

I told him you were asking for him.

May end up back on Pravda.....who knows.....hes not banned I don't think just didn't appreciate being called a racist......but hey who's not been called an ist or an ic of some kind of another on Pravda.

I was homophobic because I laughed at LGBT penguins.

I wonder if penguins go on grinder to pick up a pick up a penguin.

😆😆😆

Found a website that accredited the too poor too wee too stupid comment to John Swinney in 2001. Admittedly he was trying to say that that's what those who don't believe in the SNP independence message must think. Very surprised to find out that it wasn't a quote by someone from the unionist side making a statement about our country.

Have been wondering if Ross, Sarwar and Cole -Hamilton should jointly petition Westminster to have a snap Indyref2. do it now, save the £20m ear marked for it and just let the people decide. It would settle the matter one way or the other and might actually bring a worthwhile peace to our politics.

If the decision goes towards independence then so be it. If the decision goes towards staying in the Union then surely the SNP could invent themselves as a party that put Scotland first and they could drop their claim for independence, rather like tony Blair did when he dropped Clause 4 to create New Labour.

would New SNP without the target of full independence actually produce a better government for Scotland, by playing a supportive part at Westminster?

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Found a website that accredited the too poor too wee too stupid comment to John Swinney in 2001. Admittedly he was trying to say that that's what those who don't believe in the SNP independence message must think. Very surprised to find out that it wasn't a quote by someone from the unionist side making a statement about our country.

Have been wondering if Ross, Sarwar and Cole -Hamilton should jointly petition Westminster to have a snap Indyref2. do it now, save the £20m ear marked for it and just let the people decide. It would settle the matter one way or the other and might actually bring a worthwhile peace to our politics.

If the decision goes towards independence then so be it. If the decision goes towards staying in the Union then surely the SNP could invent themselves as a party that put Scotland first and they could drop their claim for independence, rather like tony Blair did when he dropped Clause 4 to create New Labour.

would New SNP without the target of full independence actually produce a better government for Scotland, by playing a supportive part at Westminster?
    Immediately after the result of the Scottish Independence referendum was announced in September 2014 the YES supporters would not accept the result and they were immediately calling for another Scottish independence referendum.
    If there had been a vote in favour of Scotland becoming an independent country I would have accepted the result with good grace, sold our house on Islay and moved to live in the North of England.
    I would then have watched an independent Scotland face massive public sector cuts as Alex Salmond tried to balance the books thanks to the loss of the lavish funding previously received from the U.K. Treasury under the rules of the Barnett Formula.

Nothing says 'accepted the result with good grace' like selling up,running away,and waiting, hoping, for disaster....

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    If there had been a vote in favour of Scotland becoming an independent country I would have accepted the result with good grace, sold our house on Islay and moved to live in the North of England.
    Well, I was undecided until now but it's yes all the way for me. Scotland doesn't need quitters and if voting for independence means some of our weaker citizens will pack up and leave then let's go for it.

Good grace??????
    Good grief!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by grantzer View Post
    Nothing says 'accepted the result with good grace' like selling up,running away,and waiting, hoping, for disaster....
    The Yes supporters did not accept the result with good grace as they were bitter losers.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Well, I was undecided until now but it's yes all the way for me. Scotland doesn't need quitters and if voting for independence means some of our weaker citizens will pack up and leave then let's go for it.

Good grace??????
    Good grief!!!!!!!!!
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion even on Dundee Mad.
    I assume that you are currently happy to pay higher taxes living in Scotland than a person working in the rest of the U.K. earning over £27,000 per annum.
    The people paying tax in an independent Scotland will hammered with increased taxes to pay for all the freebies that the Scottish population have got used to receiving thanks to the lavish funding per head of population that the Scottish Government currently receives from the U.K. Treasury under the rules of the Barnett Formula compared to other parts of the U.K.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion even on Dundee Mad.
    I assume that you are currently happy to pay higher taxes living in Scotland than a person working in the rest of the U.K. earning over £27,000 per annum.
    The people paying tax in an independent Scotland will hammered with increased taxes to pay for all the freebies that the Scottish population have got used to receiving thanks to the lavish funding per head of population that the Scottish Government currently receives from the U.K. Treasury under the rules of the Barnett Formula compared to other parts of the U.K.
    Yup,Im happier to pay higher taxes to get rid of tory rule in westminster and boris the liar.Doubt sturgeon be much better but she can be removed easily enough.
    Your right though everyone is entitled to an opinion,the key is to respect this and not assume you are always right and that applies to all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Yup,Im happier to pay higher taxes to get rid of tory rule in westminster and boris the liar.Doubt sturgeon be much better but she can be removed easily enough.
    Your right though everyone is entitled to an opinion,the key is to respect this and not assume you are always right and that applies to all of us.
    Interested in the idea that Sturgeon can be removed easily enough. I think the history of countries that get independence tend to be run for decades by the national party. If the Tories were replaced in Westminster by a Lib Lab pact or a reinvigorated Labour Party would that be a better outcome for Scotland than independence? It seems likely that becoming independent would take 65 non Tory supporting MPs out of Westminster and make a Labour government of any guise more unlikely.
    I don’t know but all the anti Brexit arguments seem to me to apply to boost the case for staying within the Union.

Immediately after the result of the Scottish Independence referendum was announced in September 2014 the YES supporters would not accept the result and they were immediately calling for another Scottish independence referendum.
    I would then have watched an independent Scotland face massive public sector cuts as Alex Salmond tried to balance the books thanks to the loss of the lavish funding previously received from the U.K. Treasury under the rules of the Barnett Formula.
    Islay, these are the arguments from last time. I agree with you that I don't think the SNP have answered any of them satisfactorily but as with Brexit that was only part of the discussion. Brexit was supposed to allow Britain to act independently and create new prosperity for us all. Covid stopped that and I don't think the very negative comments about Brexit, often, but not exclusively being made by those who voted to Remain, are valid judgements on the merit of Brexit. It's too soon to say. Likewise, those who believe in Scottish independence can argue with some certainty that there is bound to be a major drop in our national wealth.The argument is how great will that decline be and how will we cope.
    Defending the status quo seems to me to be a difficult way to defeat the idea of independence. I think we need a bigger idea where the idea of being part of being Scottish and British is more popular and much better for us all.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)