+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: what advice would you give RMT unioin

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I have first hand knowledge of private patients being treated in NHS hospitals and it has been happening for years.
    When I received my prostate operation at the Royal Alexandra Hospital in Paisley in January 2019 as an NHS patient my surgeon (who was also my consultant) and my anesthetist were both based at Ross Hall Private Hospital and they also carried out NHS work.
    For many years Fernbrae Private Hospital sent their patients to Ninewells Hospital and DRI before that for operations.
    Footballers used to be sent to Fernbrae for cartilage operations so they could be treated promptly at DRI and Ninewells instead of joining the NHS queue for their operation.
    I had surgery at Fernbrae, they had their own theatres there and I know of several people sent there by the NHS at Ninewells for surgery; my follow up appointments and physio were also there. Many surgeons work part NHS and part private, they've studied for decades to qualify and they work very hard to keep up to date with advances in their fields, why shouldn't they maximise their earning potential? As an old Tory surely you understand that?

I have personally never known of anyone being sent to an NHS hospital by a private hospital. However, if such were to happen then the NHS trust involved would be paid for the use of the facility, and of course the management and staff, by the private hospital and the theatre capacity would likely have been made available for that purpose by the trust. Presumably the capacity will have been otherwise unutilised so surely it would benefit the trust to sell it? Makes perfect sense to sell spare capacity doesn't it?

Quick edit - I also had occasion to attend Albyn hospital immediately after lockdown. I couldn't go during lockdown because it had been taken over by the NHS. The surgeon I spoke to was raging about it because he basically did nothing during lockdown as the millions of major cases didn't materialise. But it shows that the private hospitals and NHS hospitals will co-operate to provide good clinical services.
    Last edited by Deeranged; 25-06-2022 at 11:51 AM.

I have first hand knowledge of private patients being treated in NHS hospitals and it has been happening for years.
    When I received my prostate operation at the Royal Alexandra Hospital in Paisley in January 2019 as an NHS patient my surgeon (who was also my consultant) and my anesthetist were both based at Ross Hall Private Hospital and they also carried out NHS work.
    For many years Fernbrae Private Hospital sent their patients to Ninewells Hospital and DRI before that for operations.
    Footballers used to be sent to Fernbrae for cartilage operations so they could be treated promptly at DRI and Ninewells instead of joining the NHS queue for their operation.
    Islay. Your posts have less detail than usual, you need to plump them out a bit.😄

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I had surgery at Fernbrae, they had their own theatres there and I know of several people sent there by the NHS at Ninewells for surgery; my follow up appointments and physio were also there. Many surgeons work part NHS and part private, they've studied for decades to qualify and they work very hard to keep up to date with advances in their fields, why shouldn't they maximise their earning potential? As an old Tory surely you understand that?

I have personally never known of anyone being sent to an NHS hospital by a private hospital. However, if such were to happen then the NHS trust involved would be paid for the use of the facility, and of course the management and staff, by the private hospital and the theatre capacity would likely have been made available for that purpose by the trust. Presumably the capacity will have been otherwise unutilised so surely it would benefit the trust to sell it? Makes perfect sense to sell spare capacity doesn't it?

Quick edit - I also had occasion to attend Albyn hospital immediately after lockdown. I couldn't go during lockdown because it had been taken over by the NHS. The surgeon I spoke to was raging about it because he basically did nothing during lockdown as the millions of major cases didn't materialise. But it shows that the private hospitals and NHS hospitals will co-operate to provide good clinical services.
    Why should an NHS Trust be selling theatre capacity when there are backlogs which have been happening for years.
    When I got my prostrate operation (second attempt) at the RAH in January 2019 I was told that the waiting times for operations were getting longer because of the number of people with private health insurance or paying for the cost of their operation themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Islay. Your posts have less detail than usual, you need to plump them out a bit.��
    I always keep a bit in reserve for posts and my last post is no different.
    When I had my first attempt at my prostate operation in the RAH in September 2017 I suffered an anaphylactic shock whilst in the operating theatre resulting in me spending 24 hours on life support machine in intensive care before I woke up.
    As a result of this near death experience I now know the name of my anethetist who saved my life.
    I checked out both my anethetist and my consultant and I discovered that they were based at the Ross Hall private hospital and they carry out NHS work in addition to private work.
    After the reading the abusive posts I received on the DBF (and I am still getting) as a result of me volunteering to become a Co-opted director of Dee4Life I often think that my anethetist should have just let me die on the operating table.
    However this would have resulted in a inquiry so the abuse on the DBF is the lesser of two evils.

When I had my first attempt at my prostate operation in the RAH in September 2017 I suffered an anaphylactic shock whilst in the operating theatre resulting in me spending 24 hours on life support machine in intensive care before I woke up.
    As a result of this near death experience I now know the name of my anethetist who saved my life.
    I checked out both my anethetist and my consultant and I discovered that they were based at the Ross Hall private hospital and they carry out NHS work in addition to private work.
    After the reading the abusive posts I received on the DBF (and I am still getting) as a result of me volunteering to become a Co-opted director of Dee4Life I often think that my anethetist should have just let me die on the operating table.
    However this would have resulted in a inquiry so the abuse on the DBF is the lesser of two evils.
    I haven't read any abusive posts referring to your membership of the Dee4L board on TDB Forum.

You seem to be putting two and two together and getting around 300. Just because a medic works both NHS and private doesn't mean that any patients at an NHS hospital are private patients.

I know there are backlogs but these are caused more by lack of suitably qualified people than by lack of facilities aren't they?

Very good post, well plumped out with relevant and irrelevant info ....a wee bit more of a sustained attack on Pravda .....it would be near perfect.

Thanks

Pravda is fine. No need to attack it but I might prefer if posts on Pravda, about people on this forum, who don't have a right of reply, could somehow be given special treatment to allow a right of reply.

I imagine Rross and Islay to name but two regular posters on this forum, might welcome a chance to set the record straight.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Pravda is fine. No need to attack it but I might prefer if posts on Pravda, about people on this forum, who don't have a right of reply, could somehow be given special treatment to allow a right of reply.

I imagine Rross and Islay to name but two regular posters on this forum, might welcome a chance to set the record straight.
    The record was set straight, just they don’t want you to know, there are a few on here that know what happened to RROS, not sure islay, he was offered an olive branch if he agreed to go under a new name, mods on there couldn’t face up to admitting they got it wrong

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post

Cobra has left or certainly taken a break from Pravda

Told the story of how he left on jumpers for goalposts......I won't repeat it.....it's his story to tell.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)