+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: what advice would you give RMT unioin

Quote Originally Posted by frankiekopel View Post
    our national committee had 1 strike vote in 20 years ,after the members had rejected the same final offer twice ,which had been recommended for acceptance by the union ,we had no other option but have a strike vote ,which the members decided not to strike ,so the wage offer they had rejected twice was then accepted, bet there's not many on here have taken part in a strike ,I haven't,
    Ps I still worked on the shop floor while serving on the national committee, so knew what the members wanted
    'The members'. What about the employer that has to consider all employees, customers, suppliers etc?

We used to laugh at the 'members' meetings in the can****. Somebody would walk in for a cup of tea and you'd hear the shhh, be quiet, he's not a member he can't hear this (they didn't even have the decency to wear aprons) before the Shop Steward would say 'you'll have to drink your tea somewhere else'. The answer? 'No. this is my break and I'm having it in the can****'. End of meeting, morons.

What do you reckon people think of your 'members' when they take industrial action, for purely selfish reasons, that directly impinges on the livelihoods of so many others? For trade union read self serving and greedy. For Shop Steward read bully, for senior union local or national rep up to main fat cat read failed politician.

I hate unions and always will, no need for them in modern industry. Run by people who like to think they know what others want for people who can't think for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    See when Abelio's franchise stopped, and The Scottish Government took over, did all the managerial and operational staff leave with Abelio and were they replaced by Scottish Government staff or was it effectively the same people that continued to manage day to day operations? How can you blame branding for such a perceived massive difference in how a company is performing?

Truth is Abelio were making as much of a balls of it as the Scottish Government is, there's actually little if any difference. See when you 'discovered some interesting information which a member of the Scottish Government ferries unit based in Glasgow submitted to the Islands Connectivity Plan' did you look to try to confirm the validity of the information at all? Or did you just assume your source was correct?

If it said in The Sunday Times that Dundee FC should have thrown the play off games against Kilmarnock, or that Islay Dark Bkue should throw himelf off the Tay Road Bridge, would you take these statements as absolute truth and would you jump? For someone that reputedly does his research you really don't have much of a clue do you?
    The information about the member of the Scottish Government ferries unit submission to the Islands Connectivity Plan was stated in the minutes of the Islay Community Council Ferry Committee meeting held on 8th June 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    The information about the member of the Scottish Government ferries unit submission to the Islands Connectivity Plan was stated in the minutes of the Islay Community Council Ferry Committee meeting held on 8th June 2022.
    Was it substantiated otherwise? Anyone can sit at a meeting and say what they like and it's minuted. Does it make it the unquestionable truth?

'The members'. What about the employer that has to consider all employees, customers, suppliers etc?

We used to laugh at the 'members' meetings in the can****. Somebody would walk in for a cup of tea and you'd hear the shhh, be quiet, he's not a member he can't hear this (they didn't even have the decency to wear aprons) before the Shop Steward would say 'you'll have to drink your tea somewhere else'. The answer? 'No. this is my break and I'm having it in the can****'. End of meeting, morons.

What do you reckon people think of your 'members' when they take industrial action, for purely selfish reasons, that directly impinges on the livelihoods of so many others? For trade union read self serving and greedy. For Shop Steward read bully, for senior union local or national rep up to main fat cat read failed politician.

I hate unions and always will, no need for them in modern industry. Run by people who like to think they know what others want for people who can't think for themselves.
    never bullied anyone mate, maybe in your work you would allow it ,but not in mine

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    My wife worked in NCR which for many years was a closed shop. This meant that every employee had to join a Union whether they wanted to or not. In the Cash a lot of the shop stewards got the better paid jobs.
    closed shops,thankfully were made illegal in 1990,workers have a choice to join or not to join ,that's if their employer will recognise the union in the 1st place ,

never bullied anyone mate, maybe in your work you would allow it ,but not in mine
    Well, I didn't allow it did I?

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Again I agree but it would have taken a bit of bottle to go against the "lockdown or else" mantra that all the big european countries and the usa were taking.
    Unfortunately both the uk and scottish leader just went with the flow and same small number of advisers instead of looking at other options.
    Sturgeon was on telly everyday, no other leader did that, sturgeon kept on going further like NZ aus and Canada....did no good.

It was ridiculous and be back in the winter.

Florida and Sweden called it right.

Well, I didn't allow it did I?
    You said all shop stewards are bullies,your a manager and if you have shop stewards in your workplace ,then you must be allowing them to bully people ,

You said all shop stewards are bullies,your a manager and if you have shop stewards in your workplace ,then you must be allowing them to bully people ,
    Can you read? If so tell me where I said I allowed it. Shop Stewrads tried to bully me when I was a shop floor worker, like they tried to bully everyone, they got told to do one.

I hate unions, at least your open about that, do they make your job/life harder ?

If it wasn’t for unions so many wouldn’t have any of the rights they have now, equality in the work place wouldn’t exist for a start, I could make a list of things the union has fought and won for employees but you wouldn’t be interested, we know there are some union reps that are in it for themselves but there are plenty that do for nothing more than seeing fairness

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)