+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fixtures

Fixtures

Fixture list hasn't done any favours for me. Stockport, the main game I've been looking forward to, on boxing day!!!!. I'll be in Crewe for Christmas with my ageing mother and I don't drive.
    Also heavy travelling in August (positive AND negative). I also wanted to go to Barrow (+ a bit of Lake District?) but have a prior engagement that weekend.
    League Cup- Grimsby away in midweek???
    The only (small) positive is the pizza Cup with Leeds, possibly the weakest U21 team but small mercies!
    I'm hoping for a bit of extreme weather for certain dates, this year!🙄🙄

That could help- you fancy snow on boxing day do you?

AM seems pleased we have 3 at Gresty Towers in August "and a chance to build momentum".

Snow or a big freeze would do very nicely on boxing day! Maybe severe rain at the end of October.

In terms of Pre-season fixtures, I see we are scheduled to play Belgian Premier B side Lommel between the the two home games. Anyone see this announced anywhere? Playing continental opposition is always a draw so why no publicity??

Where have you seen that? - not listed as a pre-season fixture on the OS. Maybe we're playing them in Belgium, in which case hard for people to go midweek.

It's on Google sports in their list of Crewe fixtures. It is also generally listed on various websites when you search for Lommel.
    In all cases the Alex are placed as the home team.
    I emailed the Alex for further info on Wednesday but, to date, they have not replied.🙄

Strange - behind closed doors perhaps?

Maybe. But why not say so?