+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plenty of "ins" , how about any "outs"?

Plenty of "ins" , how about any "outs"?

If, and I know it's an almighty BIG if, we can keep hold of what we have got, we will/would walk the Championship.

When will the selling start?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    If, and I know it's an almighty BIG if, we can keep hold of what we have got, we will/would walk the Championship.

When will the selling start?
    Weghorst off but I’m not bothered really
    Cornet will leave - someone will chance 17.5/20 million
    I believe Collins will stay unless it’s big money

I also think Brownhill will go I know CIB doesn’t like him but I have a sneaky feeling if he goes to the right team with quality around him he’ll flourish at what he does - foot in break things up , give it to more creative players.

Mcneil could end up staying I think and it might not do him any harm either , he’s probably not a bigger earner and could really help us creatively - destination for him would be Newcastle as Howe knows he’s capable, not sure many others would gamble. ( Everton maybe but they’re staying well below the radar until they offload players - wages ).

Someone could try a cheeky bid for Robert’s but I’m unsure about him leaving.

Need to keep Taylor - I’m surprised a few haven’t enquired about him tbh.

What about the Goalie situation. I've seen stories that Hennessey could be gone?! In that case, who takes over and is there any mileage in this or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlydave View Post
    What about the Goalie situation. I've seen stories that Hennessey could be gone?! In that case, who takes over and is there any mileage in this or not?
    It seems Vinny wants a keeper who can play it out from the back, Forest are willing to stump up a fee for Hennessey and Pep will give us the unwanted Arijanet Muric, who by all accounts is not the best shot stopper but is good with his feet.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/arij...spieler/371021

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlydave View Post
    Just to confirm D_d...

https://the4thofficial.net/2022/07/m...-the-skyblues/

I thought he’d be starting the season as our no.1 goalie.Perhaps his age doesn’t fit in with VK’s young future revolution? BPF did ok whilst he was in the Steel City last season, so maybe he’s going with him to start with, Unless of course there is another goalie already on his way in. Seems to me that VK is decisive, knows what he wants, and doesn’t mess about.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    I thought he’d be starting the season as our no.1 goalie.Perhaps his age doesn’t fit in with VK’s young future revolution? BPF did ok whilst he was in the Steel City last season, so maybe he’s going with him to start with, Unless of course there is another goalie already on his way in. Seems to me that VK is decisive, knows what he wants, and doesn’t mess about.
    He certainly does not do "prevarication" malwayne, I'll give you that!

Wayne Hennessey has only played 5 PL games since March 2019 when he played his 19th and final game of the 2018/19 season.
    In those 5 matches he has conceded 14 goals and has not been on a winning side, however, he got the opportunity to get his international place back because of injury and he will certainly be going to the World Cup.
    Our relegation would most probably have led to a decrease in salary and my guess is that Forest will make up any shortfall, although he will most probably be a back-up for them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Wayne Hennessey has only played 5 PL games since March 2019 when he played his 19th and final game of the 2018/19 season.
    In those 5 matches he has conceded 14 goals and has not been on a winning side, however, he got the opportunity to get his international place back because of injury and he will certainly be going to the World Cup.
    Our relegation would most probably have led to a decrease in salary and my guess is that Forest will make up any shortfall, although he will most probably be a back-up for them as well.
    He played on the winning side against Ukraine, and as you correctly pointed out, he will be going to Qatar.. It will take something drastic to happen ,to dislodge Dean Henderson, on the banks of the River Trent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)