+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Eaves confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by Heliosphan View Post
    But he didn't start 31 games, he started 12. According to my app, he played 1258 minutes of league football for Hull last season and scored 5 goals. That's a goal every 251 minutes.

Compare that to Smudge when we were last in the Championship. Smudge made 44 appearances, 34 of which he was in the starting 11, scoring 10 league goals. He played 3138 minutes of football. That's a goal every 313 minutes.

So Eaves' record in the Championship is actually better than Smudge based on their most recent football in the second tier.
    Thank god for apps then! Now I'm sold

Eaves will be a smash hit for us given time

Bump, be interesting to see what we think after first game…oh

Good interview with him on the Offy site. Seems a genuinely nice guy and I hope the 2nd half of the season is a bit kinder to him.

Not listened to it yet but he’s the link hopefully

https://t.co/hHNum8vWEr

What an enigma Tom Eaves seems to be the Hull City fans had only good things to say about him but from what us Millers fans have seen is there a footballer in there trying to get out?
    I genuinely hope we see an improvement 2nd half of season as it would be good for him and us! However on current displays I and many other Millers remain to be convinced let’s hope it is down to this calf injury and he still playing catch up but how long do we give him? I think to a degree our hands are tied with it being a 3 year deal so somehow we have to get the best out of him

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post
    What an enigma Tom Eaves seems to be the Hull City fans had only good things to say about him but from what us Millers fans have seen is there a footballer in there trying to get out?
    I genuinely hope we see an improvement 2nd half of season as it would be good for him and us! However on current displays I and many other Millers remain to be convinced let’s hope it is down to this calf injury and he still playing catch up but how long do we give him? I think to a degree our hands are tied with it being a 3 year deal so somehow we have to get the best out of him
    I think with MT his chances will be even more limited as our new manager tries to wean the other players off “ lump it to the big lad” type play. Preferring a shorter passing style of game.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I think with MT his chances will be even more limited as our new manager tries to wean the other players off “ lump it to the big lad” type play. Preferring a shorter passing style of game.
    A new style might also suit TE as in the past he certainly seemed to have an eye for goal and a knack of being in the right place.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    A new style might also suit TE as in the past he certainly seemed to have an eye for goal and a knack of being in the right place.
    It might but his previous successes have been with teams that mostly played a traditional 4-4-2

In the championship he doesn't really score.

League 1 is were he bangs in the goals

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456