+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 📝📝 Bajrami and Austin sign

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I'd like to think some of our posters who reckon Notts' current owners don't have ambition may be at least considering a rethink following the recent crop of highly-rated acquisitions. Nothing won yet of course but the intent is clearly there.
    Am I right in saying the owners have paid undisclosed fees and/or compensation (?) on four players (3 in key required positions) this month? That certainly doesn't come across as unambition to me. Would be good to hear a few contrasting thoughts. I guess most of the players have been signed from lower leagues rather than higher leagues so that could limit the ambition tag.

Quote Originally Posted by PTID1862 View Post
    Indeed, has Austin been signed as a replacement for Cal or as a box to box midfielder??
    Worth noting that Bajrami can also play in midfield and put his foot in

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I'd like to think some of our posters who reckon Notts' current owners don't have ambition may be at least considering a rethink following the recent crop of highly-rated acquisitions. Nothing won yet of course but the intent is clearly there.
    Yeah but we're not spending as much as Wrexham or buying players from divisions above.

Some good signings made by the club this offseason.

Let's have it.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    This is more good news coming out of Meadow Lane. That's the centre back many wanted, and his team mate. Not sure how often we've signed 2 pairs from 2 clubs before but it can surely on help. Plus its another much needed 6 footer signed.

No need to worry about lack of activity or traction in the transfer market its only the 24th June!! Lol.

Have we now hit the point where we should worry more about outgoings than any potential further incomings?

Hopefully this latest piece of positive transfer news will convince a few to press the button on a new season ticket. It's certainly got my finger offering over the button to take 4/6 on Notts finishing Top 7. Probably a little premature with more Ins/Outs no doubt to come but it's very tempting to take the price now and win some more beer money.
    Even if we lost one or both of RR or Cal we're in a good place to have a positive season

I like the fact that in Aden Baldwins interview in the post that LW teams press aggressively without the ball. If we can get this right then we're going to be a very hard team to play against next season.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I like the fact that in Aden Baldwins interview in the post that LW teams press aggressively without the ball. If we can get this right then we're going to be a very hard team to play against next season.
    Also in the statement about Austin, he presses hard and high up the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    Worth noting that Bajrami can also play in midfield and put his foot in
    Mentioned in the presser. Could he be the one to sit in front of the back three?

Some top business from Notts this summer. Exciting times indeed

Quote Originally Posted by PTID1862 View Post
    Also in the statement about Austin, he presses hard and high up the pitch.
    Yeah and also the front two can press from the front. I know it's early days but I would like to think we are progressing from being good on the ball most of the time under Burchnall to being good on the ball but also have a high turnover rate especially up the pitch when we don't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    Even if we lost one or both of RR or Cal we're in a good place to have a positive season
    Not sure many EFL clubs have the cash to spend; I suspect we may lose them for nothing next summer, like with Wootton. Let’s just hope they deliver in spectacular style this season.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see the likes of Rawlinson and Vincent out of the door in the next month.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast