So it seems from various sources that David Clowes completed the purchase of pride park last Friday.

He has now also advanced a loan to the club, to enable them to operate and prepare for the new season. These seem to be verifiable actions.

There is also in the DET but not elsewhere, a report that he has made a bid for the club (makes sense why buy just the ground?), is currently being assessed by the EFL as a"fit and proper person" will enter into an exclusive agreement today and has a deadline to complete the takeover by next Wednesday.

Not sure how realistic that is, but even if the actual takeover is delayed, I cannot see why he would put forward the funds to enable the club to operate, if he wasn't serious.

I also like how this guy does business, not a word until what he intends has actually been completed.

If he does complete and IMO its 85% certain he will, then I'd say we ahve dodged a bullet with CK and hopefully this time around have a local owner who is looking to operate on a realistic level rather than throw money around hoping to hit the big time and be a fan's hero.

Mind you if he saves the club, he will be a local legend anyway.