+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SKY BET have us favourites to finish bottom of the Championship

SKY BET have us favourites to finish bottom of the Championship

Here we go already then with SKY BET shoving us to the bottom of the pile, which was expected. What we need to do is ram it down their throats and finish higher than the bottom three. Now that would be nice.

Seems they have Watford the least likely so are they the potential League winners?

Rotherham
    7/4
    Birmingham
    9/4
    Reading
    11/4
    Bristol City
    3/1
    Wigan
    7/2
    Preston
    4/1
    Blackpool
    9/2
    Hull
    5/1
    Sunderland
    6/1
    QPR
    13/2
    Blackburn
    7/1
    Luton
    7/1
    Coventry
    15/2
    Millwall
    15/2
    Burnley
    8/1
    Cardiff
    8/1
    Stoke
    8/1
    Huddersfield
    9/1
    Swansea
    10/1
    West Brom
    20/1
    Middlesbrough
    22/1
    Sheffield Utd
    22/1
    Norwich
    28/1
    Watford
    33/1

NB. Favourites to finish bottom but they will only offer 25/1 of us gaining promotion....bloody insult the robbing two hats.
    Last edited by Brin; 26-06-2022 at 10:43 AM.

One thing about it, if we finish bottom, we will have been the strongest team in the division,
    with holding all the other teams up.
    If we finish bottom will not bother me, has long has Warne gets his squad to play good
    football, gets his tactics more in line to past performances, yes Warne took the club up, but he
    did have blemishes in his tactics, in which I think lost us the title.
    We have to hope that Tony Stewart means what he's being saying for past seasons, " We have
    learnt by past mistakes ", because we have not, here's hoping we have a squad to compete to
    at least finish 4th from bottom, & we have learnt from past mistakes.

We won't finish bottom

Don't think it should surprise anyone really

When you think of the resources of some of the other clubs in this division, including those with massive parachute payments, it's hardly surprising, is it? But Luton and Brentford have shown that it can be done so it is not a foregone conclusion. Of the three clubs that went up though, I imagine we are probably the least well endowed financially and least able to splash the cash to improve the squad. I think we still need another defender from somewhere and learn to shut up shop. Not exciting but if we don't concede we don't lose - first rule of survival.

We could have more resources, if we had made the away end bigger, money lost in revenue in the championship each time, some clubs would have fetched 4,000 or more, so losing around £46,000 @ £23 a ticket on many home games.

We won't finish bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    We could have more resources, if we had made the away end bigger, money lost in revenue in the championship each time, some clubs would have fetched 4,000 or more, so losing around £46,000 @ £23 a ticket on many home games.
    Don't think it wold help us making every game a home game for travelling fans

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Don't think it wold help us making every game a home game for travelling fans
    See what you mean Pattylallacks2, our fans getting out shouted by the away fans, but now with clubs, its not about football,
    its about revenue, & what money comes into the club.

I see supercomputer has also got us down to finish 24th and then they have Wigan 19th and Sunderland 9th WTF I noticed how they changed when we hit a bad run last term from never to be caught to 3rd. They know nowt!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast