+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rooney leaves Derby

I did say, how long would the Rooneymoon period last, I can't fault Rooney in his decision to end his
    managerial period at Derby County.
    Rooney was fed promises from Derby County owner / chairman Mel Morris, which did not materialise,
    then the on off saga of someone buying the club, plus the debts owed by the club.
    Mel Morris & Derby County used Rooney, with the hope he would bring more fans to the club, while
    using his contacts to bring players into the club, plus maybe sponsors.
    Rooney has done his best for the club, so should feel no shame in tending his resignation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    I did say, how long would the Rooneymoon period last, I can't fault Rooney in his decision to end his
    Rooney was fed promises from Derby County owner / chairman Mel Morris, which did not materialise,
    then the on off saga of someone buying the club, plus the debts owed by the club.
    Mel Morris & Derby County used Rooney, with the hope he would bring more fans to the club, while
    Rooney has done his best for the club, so should feel no shame in tending his resignation.
    Don't think Rooney and shame have ever been room mates

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Unbelievably with all major bookies Derby County are third favourite to actually win league 1 and similar odds to go up.

Ipswich and SWFC slightly better fancied but not by much.

Rooney ?England job?..are you for real..

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Unbelievably with all major bookies Derby County are third favourite to actually win league 1 and similar odds to go up.

Ipswich and SWFC slightly better fancied but not by much.
    Ok if Derby are odds on to go up ? What are the odds, ( do they offer them ) of them not going up ? Surely they must be very generous odds against ?

Quote Originally Posted by vespabri View Post
    Rooney ?England job?..are you for real..
    Bri just curious but, do you think we need a change on who should manage England after the World Cup ?

Thing is if England win it, which I doubt very much, he’d be a god in football status terms then he’d be going nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Bri just curious but, do you think we need a change on who should manage England after the World Cup ?

Thing is if England win it, which I doubt very much, he’d be a god in football status terms then he’d be going nowhere.
    Unless we want to throw away another good chance of winning it we need a new manager before the competition starts not after it.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    Ok if Derby are odds on to go up ? What are the odds, ( do they offer them ) of them not going up ? Surely they must be very generous odds against ?
    To win it outright Ipswich 5/1 Owls 6/1 and Derby 7/1

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post

Will probably go foreign again.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Will probably go foreign again.
    I'd only take Carlo Ancelotti.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast