+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rooney gone!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Winviz says about 15% chance of making playoffs, 10% chance of promotion, 5% chance of relegation, 2% chance of not starting next season

Hopefully a season of stabilization, rebuilding and not being swamped by unrealistic fan expectations of an immediate return

And a new rivalry with the real Forest - the one in Nailsworth
    Indeed the vegan and green football team, sounds a nice place to visit.
    If the club is saved, if it becomes sustainable and competitive, then next season should be enjoyable. I don't envisage instant promotion but who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Winviz says about 15% chance of making playoffs, 10% chance of promotion, 5% chance of relegation, 2% chance of not starting next season

Hopefully a season of stabilization, rebuilding and not being swamped by unrealistic fan expectations of an immediate return

And a new rivalry with the real Forest - the one in Nailsworth
    Apparently, after much twitter chat. Southampton are now our deadly rivals.
    As a consequence, Portsmouth have decided you adopt you lot.
    Worked out well.

Theres gonna be no Derby to adopt

How anyone can believe anyone would even contemplate taking this on now is living in cloud coo coo land

Weve got 2 players left and basically no ground and training ground either theyve been sold off to a property develepor ffs

Have people added it all up yet...? The property develepor is the giveaway ffs

So the odds for the next Derby manager are currently

Liam Rosenior: 4/6

Sean Dyche: 4/1

Frank Lampard: 6/1

Steve Cooper: 8/1

Steve McClaren: 10/1

John Terry: 12/1

I just don't understand how these have been even considered as possible candidates? Or that there are people dim enough to actually put a bet on at the odds given.

Sean Dyche? OK he is out of a job, but presumably enjoying his compensation, which is reduced if he picks up another job? But why would he choose to manage a league 1 club still in administration? Couldn't afford his wages anyway, so for me no chance.

Frank Lampard? WTF? On what basis in the real world is he, currently manager at premier league Everton going to want o leave to manage a league1 club? Utter *******s!!

Steve Cooper? WTF? Just got promoted with Forest, yeah move down the road to the suspicion of fans and drop to league 1, utter *******s!

Steve McClaren? I mean he has just got the No2 job at Man Utd, so yeah he is going to want to drop down to manage in league 1 and accept the cut in salary utter *******s

John Terry - the other possible along with Rosenior on this list but surely should be at shorter odds than the others who its clear won't be ending up in as manager? Not likely tbh, but possible.

I'm really surprised that we haven't got other managers who once managed or perhaps were mentioned as possible managers for Derby, what price Paul Jewell anybody? More likely than the others I'd say.

Paul Cook is looking for a job so where is he - I've seen him at 20-1 somewhere, would ahve thought Dyche, Lampard, Cooer and McClaren should all be 25-1 and more.

I mean those prices must mean that some mugs somewhere are actually laying out money on bets that haven't a hope of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    So the odds for the next Derby manager are currently

Liam Rosenior: 4/6

Sean Dyche: 4/1

Frank Lampard: 6/1

Steve Cooper: 8/1

Steve McClaren: 10/1

John Terry: 12/1

I just don't understand how these have been even considered as possible candidates? Or that there are people dim enough to actually put a bet on at the odds given.

Sean Dyche? OK he is out of a job, but presumably enjoying his compensation, which is reduced if he picks up another job? But why would he choose to manage a league 1 club still in administration? Couldn't afford his wages anyway, so for me no chance.

Frank Lampard? WTF? On what basis in the real world is he, currently manager at premier league Everton going to want o leave to manage a league1 club? Utter *******s!!

Steve Cooper? WTF? Just got promoted with Forest, yeah move down the road to the suspicion of fans and drop to league 1, utter *******s!

Steve McClaren? I mean he has just got the No2 job at Man Utd, so yeah he is going to want to drop down to manage in league 1 and accept the cut in salary utter *******s

John Terry - the other possible along with Rosenior on this list but surely should be at shorter odds than the others who its clear won't be ending up in as manager? Not likely tbh, but possible.

I'm really surprised that we haven't got other managers who once managed or perhaps were mentioned as possible managers for Derby, what price Paul Jewell anybody? More likely than the others I'd say.

Paul Cook is looking for a job so where is he - I've seen him at 20-1 somewhere, would ahve thought Dyche, Lampard, Cooer and McClaren should all be 25-1 and more.

I mean those prices must mean that some mugs somewhere are actually laying out money on bets that haven't a hope of winning.
    Only thing I’d disagree with is that as he was sacked, Dyche prob wouldn’t have a gardening leave clause he’d just have his contract paid up. Still not happening though

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    Theres gonna be no Derby to adopt

How anyone can believe anyone would even contemplate taking this on now is living in cloud coo coo land

Weve got 2 players left and basically no ground and training ground either theyve been sold off to a property develepor ffs

Have people added it all up yet...? The property develepor is the giveaway ffs
    Another strange post from you, so what that he's a property developer, CK was in logistics.........AND!

'Have people added it up yet...?' So are you God now and can see into the future, think you know everything while others know ****, ffs grow up.

So he's a property developer, so go on then tell us all what we're missing here if your that clever

32RED. Their sponsorship ends at the end of this month.

Clowes a property developer? No 5h1t Sherlock. DCFCA, did you miss the bit where, as attested by a lot of people who actually know the bloke, he is is a lifelong Ram, been a season ticket holder in the North stand for decades and was at most if not all away games too?

You were right on CK (that's twice I've said that now). Lucky guess. Clowes? IMO you are way off the mark.

Rooney? He said from the off that as long as he was given the tools to do the job his way, he was here for the long haul. I reckon the tool kit Clowes is prepared to give him is somewhat smaller than what he thought he needed.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    32RED. Their sponsorship ends at the end of this month.

Clowes a property developer? No 5h1t Sherlock. DCFCA, did you miss the bit where, as attested by a lot of people who actually know the bloke, he is is a lifelong Ram, been a season ticket holder in the North stand for decades and was at most if not all away games too?

You were right on CK (that's twice I've said that now). Lucky guess. Clowes? IMO you are way off the mark.

Rooney? He said from the off that as long as he was given the tools to do the job his way, he was here for the long haul. I reckon the tool kit Clowes is prepared to give him is somewhat smaller than what he thought he needed.
    Considering he looks to have aged 20 years inside two years.
    He bailed for the right reasons.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...int_source=nba

TTR, it's the Mirror FFS.

Didn't he go off on holiday with the family almost straight after the season ended?

Would he have left if CK had come through with the money it seems he never had?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    TTR, it's the Mirror FFS.

Didn't he go off on holiday with the family almost straight after the season ended?

Would he have left if CK had come through with the money it seems he never had?
    you can only comment on whats reported.

No one can deny though, that Rooney has aged like **** over the last 2 years.
    He isn't riding it well at all.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)