+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Rooney gone!

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    My question would be this.
    If DCFC had to prove funds for club continuation, with CK being the preferred bidder, would this proof not have to come through him?
    If Stretford put the wages up, does that not under mine this?

Not my area I accept, but this is becoming a web of lies and deceit?
    The EFL have granted extension after extension and you have to wonder if they ever will again, after this?
    But probably not a ‘web of lies and deceit’ that is of DCFC’s making.
    Again not an area I claim any expertise in...but, imo, this is a matter that Quantuma/Kirchner-Stretford are responsible for.
    Again a more ‘informed’ take on things would be useful as the more I hear of what seems to have been happening under Quantuma’s watch the more decent, upright and uncomplicated our former owner seems to become.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 28-06-2022 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    But probably not a ‘web of lies and deceit’ that is of DCFC’s making.
    Again not an area I claim any expertise in...but, imo, this is a matter that Quantuma/Kirchner-Stretford are responsible for.
    Again a more ‘informed’ take on things would be useful as the more I hear of what seems to have been happening under Quantuma’s watch the more decent, upright and uncomplicated our former owner seems to become.
    I never said it was down to DCFC RA.
    I just can't get my head around the whole thing?

The adminstrators come across as a bunch of clowns.
    The money trails are like that of a rocket gone berserk?
    The EFL seem to have no grip on anything with this.
    You seriously couldn't make it up.

Didn't Luton get docked 10 points for something similar, where an outside party paid wages?

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I never said it was down to DCFC RA.
    I just can't get my head around the whole thing?

The adminstrators come across as a bunch of clowns.
    The money trails are like that of a rocket gone berserk?
    The EFL seem to have no grip on anything with this.
    You seriously couldn't make it up.

Didn't Luton get docked 10 points for something similar, where an outside party paid wages?
    No idea about Luton and I didn’t imply that you did suggest it was down to DCFC.

My one and only point is that...if financial malpractice (if that’s what this is) occurs during the time that the club is under the governance of Administrators then surely it is their responsibility, together with Messrs Kirchner and Stretford who have no involvement with the club and, technically, never have had.

The administrators are acting on behalf of the club as its de facto directors, thus everything that they do in connection with that role is in effect the club's doing.

Luton were paying agents for services rendered but those services never existed from memory

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    The administrators are acting on behalf of the club as its de facto directors, thus everything that they do in connection with that role is in effect the club's doing.
    I’m not doubting you for a moment, GP...but isn’t it true that these ‘de facto directors’ have been imposed upon the club, possibly (I’m not sure) by a combination of EFL insistence and Mel Morris’ ‘choice’ and that anything that has happened - financially speaking - since last September has been with their approval?

Can we - Derby County FC - really be held responsible in such circumstances? Surely IF any questionable deal of this nature took place it was between Quantuma and Stretford with the former’s approval.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 28-06-2022 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post

Can we - Derby County FC - really be held responsible in such circumstances? Surely IF any questionable deal of this nature took place it was between Quantuma and Stretford with the former’s approval.
    Back to the cold-heartedness of the law - yes we can

I need add no more to AF reply.

But note that your use of "we" in the context of the club is curiously inclusive!! DCFC is a seperate legal entity run by its administrators ever since they were appointed by the courts - ratifying the decision of the previous directors to appoint them.

It is debatable that the new shareholders could possibly claim against the administrators for professional negligence if this is demonstrable in eg failing to get a deposit from CK or accepting funds they should have known were tainted (if they could prove loss) but hey will have PI insurance against this. Also they are likely to seek hold harmless agreements from the buyers anyway.

There is possibly an argument that the company (club et al) could sue their own administrators on same basis, but I dont recall hearing of it

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I need add no more to AF reply.

But note that your use of "we" in the context of the club is curiously inclusive!! DCFC is a seperate legal entity run by its administrators ever since they were appointed by the courts - ratifying the decision of the previous directors to appoint them.

It is debatable that the new shareholders could possibly claim against the administrators for professional negligence if this is demonstrable in eg failing to get a deposit from CK or accepting funds they should have known were tainted (if they could prove loss) but hey will have PI insurance against this. Also they are likely to seek hold harmless agreements from the buyers anyway.

There is possibly an argument that the company (club et al) could sue their own administrators on same basis, but I dont recall hearing of it

I was going to say the same

IF I was selling a house under residential property laws and a buyer pulled out after exchange, and my solicitors had ommitted to secure the 10% I would be well and truly on their case. However, not sure what the rules are on business sales and purchases

Fair enough...well, I don’t actually think it is...but I accept that the two of you know more about such stuff than me.

My reference to ‘we’ was to those many thousands with an emotional and practical involvement in DCFC. The supporters, season ticket holders, employees etc who seem to have been long forgotten by a set of administrators who, in my admittedly uninformed but apparently not uncommon opinion, seem to have done a dreadful job at an exorbitant cost.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)