+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Rooney gone!

Tell you what, you become the test case, rA. You try suing Quantuma for your emotional loss, as I suspect you wont have a financial loss to prove. I suspect your emotional locus standi may be thin. Then the other 30 or 40,000 fans can join you in a class action. Could be fun. The employees, such that still remain, will have no worries about Quantuma as it sounds like they have got paid come what may (I was going to say by hook or by crook).

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Tell you what, you become the test case, rA. You try suing Quantuma for your emotional loss, as I suspect you wont have a financial loss to prove. I suspect your emotional locus standi may be thin. Then the other 30 or 40,000 fans can join you in a class action. Could be fun. The employees, such that still remain, will have no worries about Quantuma as it sounds like they have got paid come what may (I was going to say by hook or by crook).
    Certainly no financial loss, GP...possibly the reverse. Doubt I’d make the best ‘test case’ but I’m sure there will be others for whom DCFC provide their reason for being.

Seriously though...as far as this latest potential revelation is concerned, I really don’t understand how the administrators can get away with not only giving Kirchner ‘preferred bidder’ status but also apparently sanctioning Stretford’s payment whilst turning down Ashley’s offer and simultaneously charging the club a fortune...allegedly!

P.S. As you can imagine this might be a first...but I entirely agree with Pauline Latham - local Tory MP - who has become very vocal and critical regarding Quantuma’s performance.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 28-06-2022 at 09:50 PM.

if you can trust what many news outlets are now saying.....

FA investigation into Stretford and the £1.6M which could affect both he and the club

Financial services watchdog looking at Quantuma's role in this.

Who's looking at the FA's apparent involvement?

Yet another unholy mess.

There will be time to consider and review Quantuma's performance when the deal is done and maybe the real facts of these last few weeks emerge. For now I am not going to damn anyone based on media (social or real) commentary. There is enough poisonous finger pointing going on and it doesn't need me or thee to add to it: I suspect a lot of arse covering by Q, CK, the EFL and others created this situation when for a while it looked like the dreaded prospect of liquidation was growing. Be patient, lets get the important stuff done before looking for someone to blame.

The opinions being put about at the moment certainly suggest Q have made errors of judgement, but they are only opinions. I prefer to see the facts before calling up the rope, the horse and the lynch mob. Strange fruit hanging from Robin Wood?
    Last edited by Geoff Parkstone; 29-06-2022 at 09:42 AM.

Indeed, although omitting to get Kirchner to pay the required deposit prior to exchange of contracts seems a school boy error to me.

Now the story about Rooney's agent loaning the money for the wages has come out, it does make it seem as if our Wayne had a pecuniary interest in CK taking over and the failure to complete means he won't benefit and so he has gone.

So perhaps he was another one seemingly having the wool pulled over his eyes by CK! I am constantly amazed at how easy people are impressed by what a person says and how they behave, rather than look closely at the detail, because in my experience the ones who sound too good to be true often are.

I read somewhere, so it has to be taken with a modicum of salt, that Rooney was on £90K a week! Bloody hell I'd front up a job where I couldn't get the blame for failure for that amount of cash and if the sponsorship deal ends, how could the club afford that?

It was said when he joined as a player 32Red were paying for it, not sure if that continued once he became manager, probably did. No doubt there was a relegation clause in the contract, but another reason a less high profile person might be better for us right now. If Rosenior gets the job permanent it wont be anywhere near that and thats a good thing i think.

I just really hope that, as does seem to happen even when managers walk away, that there is no pay off. Hopefully a clean break with an invite to the directors box free if and when he fancies it.

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    It was said when he joined as a player 32Red were paying for it, not sure if that continued once he became manager, probably did. No doubt there was a relegation clause in the contract, but another reason a less high profile person might be better for us right now. If Rosenior gets the job permanent it wont be anywhere near that and thats a good thing i think.

I just really hope that, as does seem to happen even when managers walk away, that there is no pay off. Hopefully a clean break with an invite to the directors box free if and when he fancies it.
    He has resigned, no pay off due other than whats owed up to his leaving.

Doesnt look good Wayne, clear off within a few weeks of leaving, done it to avoid the new club paying compensation most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    Doesnt look good Wayne, clear off within a few weeks of leaving, done it to avoid the new club paying compensation most likely.
    You're not wrong.

Rooney had been in talks with the MLS club for weeks, according to the reports on Sunday, and will replace interim coach Chad Ashton, who took charge after the departure of Hernan Losada in April.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)