+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Will Grigg

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Because if player a is available and you have to sacrifice the squad place of player b (who isn't as good) to get him, you do it.
    I did say may, all depends on who is or isn't attainable.
    And he was a freebie, we didn't buy him.
    What about the signing on fee

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    What about the signing on fee
    I'd imagine in the grand scheme of things it would be pretty nominal and wouldn't be a justification for keeping Kelly if someone better comes along.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Why buy Kelly to loan him out, no sense & false economy.
    I think it could make sense, he was signed on a free on a three and a half year deal. He's had 6 months to get up to fitness standards of a pro footballer, he might have six months on loan at a lower level to get used to league football, that still leaves 2 and a half years that he could be banging in the goals for us, in which case the phased introduction would be worth it.

Obviously it's a big 'if' that he even goes on loan, he might already be ready to start up front for us, none of us know yet.

Grigg is not the answer.He's been injured, he's in his thirties,he's not the fastest,lives in the south midlands and will want too big a wage.Leave well alone.We need a bit of pace up front.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    Grigg is not the answer.He's been injured, he's in his thirties,he's not the fastest,lives in the south midlands and will want too big a wage.Leave well alone.We need a bit of pace up front.
    .....i agree. i think that just about sums it up MB...........

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345