+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/T R I P Harry Gration

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Indeed, I chatted with him in Wentworth village when he did that “ three legged” challenge with Paul Hudson.

Yorkie through and through
    Now little Paul Hudson is a fish of another kettle.

Very sad news.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Felt sorry for Amy Garcia tonight on Look North, announcing his death.

Poor lass was in bits, like losing a close relative for her and still expected to do ‘ the professional thing” and give the bad news

Very sad. I saw that on Look North and the poor lass could hardly get her words out amid the tears. It's most likely why it was announced right at the end of the show. It certainly shocked me when she announced it. It was only last year (I think) that he did that 3 legged trek with Paul Hudson and I thought he was in good health. A lovely man and I liked him.

R.I.P. Harry

What they did to Ms Garcia was appalling. She'd known him years. How cruel.
    Surely the 10 o'clock news would have done to announce it.

Bless her that was so hard for her. ❤️

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    Everyone used to slate him for his Leeds bias…….so true professional he was he did it even more…!..
    Mainly Bradford, then Leeds.
    BBC Look North is mainly West Yorks (well Leeds and Bradford) with a bit of York and Harrogate, oh an Halifax Piece Hall.
    Occasionally they talk about the rest of Yorkshire and hardly ever North Linc/Derbyshire/Notts.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    Everyone used to slate him for his Leeds bias…….so true professional he was he did it even more…!..
    From Bradford wasn't he?

In fact for a long time it was him, Christa Ackroyd and Paul Hudson presenting the show, all from Bradford.

So maybe fair to say it as Bradford-biased.

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    Mainly Bradford, then Leeds.
    BBC Look North is mainly West Yorks (well Leeds and Bradford) with a bit of York and Harrogate, oh an Halifax Piece Hall.
    Occasionally they talk about the rest of Yorkshire and hardly ever North Linc/Derbyshire/Notts.
    That's because there's other local news shows for them, Look North East Yorkshire and Lincolnshire and East Midlands Today.

So sad to hear, I’ve also met him along with Amy

Feel for the family especially the youngest which will only be around 3-4 Yrs old

RIP Harry

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    That's because there's other local news shows for them, Look North East Yorkshire and Lincolnshire and East Midlands Today.
    True, regarding East York's but this is the area it's meant to cover. Though prob not much too say about Chesterfield and Worksop.

BBC Look North is the BBC's regional television news service for West, South and North Yorkshire and northern parts of Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire. The service is produced and broadcast from the BBC Broadcasting Centre at St. Peter's Square in Leeds with district newsrooms based in Bradford, Sheffield and York

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12