+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rooney departs Derby.

Rooney departs Derby.

Did a decent job under difficult times. Think he will be one for the future...
    Admired the fact he stuck with it for so long......I certainly rate that attribute in a person...

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    Did a decent job under difficult times. Think he will be one for the future...
    Admired the fact he stuck with it for so long......I certainly rate that attribute in a person...
    Agree.

He probably ran out of grannies in Derby!

In seriousness he was loyal for them and players worked their socks off for him last season - far more effort and commitment than our pathetic bunch!

The manager sets the tone...players should be reacting to that....

I’m not convinced Rooney is brighter than a 40 Watt lightbulb if I’m being honest.

I think he got lucky in respect of Derby having a half decent squad and a cause to fight in adversity with absolutely no pressure on him/them due to the fact they were seen as relegated before the season started.

Loyal though.......yes.

Easier to be a loyal as that when you’re as rich as granny s h a g g e r.

If coaching doesn’t work out I don’t see him becoming a pundit, he’s about as eloquent as someone with cerebral palsy with a cleft pallet!

Never a fan of Rooney tbh and certainly, as Mick says, he never came across as the brightest of sparks but hats off to him for his work at Derby. I'm sure both fans and players will miss him.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I’m not convinced Rooney is brighter than a 40 Watt lightbulb if I’m being honest.

I think he got lucky in respect of Derby having a half decent squad and a cause to fight in adversity with absolutely no pressure on him/them due to the fact they were seen as relegated before the season started.

Loyal though.......yes.

If coaching doesn’t work out I don’t see him becoming a pundit, he’s about as eloquent as someone with cerebral palsy with a cleft pallet!

Rooney makes Ashley Cole, Joe Cole and Rio Ferdinand appear to have half a brain and that says a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

Loyal though.......yes.

Daglish...!!
    He was woeful when been interviewed....most likely had something good to day but just had such a very broad Scottish accent.
    He did punditry afterwards....not sure how he managed it.....

Watch the Rooney documentary on Prime, there's more to him than is being suggested here - if Roy Keane can get away with punditry then Rooney certainly can.

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    Watch the Rooney documentary on Prime, there's more to him than is being suggested here - if Roy Keane can get away with punditry then Rooney certainly can.
    I would agree with that....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)