+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: England 5 Netherlands 1

England 5 Netherlands 1

Never mind the fact that they were bizarrely kitted out in orange the English Women’s team put in a performance that puts their male counterparts to shame. Sarina Wiegman has, in little over 12 months in charge, brought this team to readiness with just one more friendly game to go before they start the European Championship Finals. Wiegman is a proven winner having already won the Euros with the Netherlands in 2017 before taking the Dutch women to the World Cup Final two years later. She is playing her best team and when she makes tactical substitutions they impact the game. England simply ripped a strong Dutch side to pieces in the second half at Elland Road. Contrast this with Southgate who is in control of a total mess. Tactically inept, GS will be arranging for his players to have human rights training ahead of the World Cup Finals in Qatar. What a farce and for the FA to come out with the laughable statement that he has restored pride in wearing the England shirt beggars belief. Tell that to Terry Butcher, Gascoigne, Shearer and the rest. We are a bloody shambles and I will be doing what many say England should have done- boycotted these finals that should simply never ever have gone to Qatar.

I like women who dominate. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    I like women who dominate. ��
    Like Liz Truss?

Try sinkov's dream girl on for size CiB...

Attachment 22006

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Try sinkov's dream girl on for size CiB...

Attachment 22006
    Another one from BT's secret album

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Another one from BT's secret album
    How can my album be "secret" mein freund, I share them all with you lot!

You are a military man Supersub6, why is this eejit wearing medals in Rwanda?

Attachment 22009

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    How can my album be "secret" mein freund, I share them all with you lot!

You are a military man Supersub6, why is this eejit wearing medals in Rwanda?

Attachment 22009
    Probably because he was hosting the Dinner for the Heads of Commonwealth and this was the designated dress code. They are miniature medals which is the accepted form when instructed that medals may be worn. It is all a matter of etiquette and is down to the individual concerned.
    I never wear mine, they would stand out a bit when walking in the Ashington Community Woods and I never attend any 'posh dos' ---I know my place ---I'm a weaver's son and married to a coal miner's daughter ----we survive though!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Probably because he was hosting the Dinner for the Heads of Commonwealth and this was the designated dress code. They are miniature medals which is the accepted form when instructed that medals may be worn. It is all a matter of etiquette and is down to the individual concerned.
    I never wear mine, they would stand out a bit when walking in the Ashington Community Woods and I never attend any 'posh dos' ---I know my place ---I'm a weaver's son and married to a coal miner's daughter ----we survive though!
    My family ancestry research Supersub revealed that my family were weavers in Blackley Manchester in the 1700’s and Outwood,where I live, was noted for its colliery which only closed in 1931 due to a fire in one of the seams. I was always going to choose Outwood as my moniker. My granddaughters like the Clarets and the Lionesses.

I have never understood why or how members of the Firm get medals. Ok for those who saw active service. But Prince Charles?

What is the point of them? At least Scouts and Guides have to earn their awards.

In the meantime, we’ll done to the Ladies. Great to watch. Always entertaining.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)