+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Consequences

Consequences

Poor Frankie, comes back from a short break in Sardinia to find he's been sacked. Undoubtedly one of the all time great jockeys, Dettori got it wrong three times in one afternoon at Royal Ascot, and his boss John Gosden had seen enough. John and Frankie have agreed to a 'sabbatical', a polite way of saying a top trainer and his top owners don't want Frankie riding their horses any more.

The England football and Rugby managers must be thankful that they don't have such unforgiving bosses, they preside over lamentable performances and it's 'move along please, nothing to see here' from the FA and RFU, their tenure stretches interminably into the future as they lead their respective teams up blind alleys, consequences for poor performances are there none.

Somehow I cannot imagine Gareth surviving long were John Gosden to run the FA, such a shame he doesn't.

Poor Frankie,he will be hard up. 😢

Alan Pace had the cojones to sack the "Royal Dyche" and got loads of bad fan and media heat, Gosden sacks Dettori and gets the high praise. Funny old world innit?

If Southgate does not do well in Qatar and Jones fails down under, they will have to go. Simples!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Alan Pace had the cojones to sack the "Royal Dyche" and got loads of bad fan and media heat, Gosden sacks Dettori and gets the high praise. Funny old world innit?
    Not really, Gosden was providing some of the best horses in training for Dettori to ride, and he was failing to turn them into winners, Pace and Garlick provided Dyche with mediocre players, and not too many even of them, and he was sacked for failing to turn this dross into winners.

If Gosden had sacked Dettori for failing to win on his mediocre handicappers, he'd have been laughed off Newmarket Heath. One day Pace might be laughed off Harry Potts Way, except no one will be laughing when Pace has finished with our club, it's all going to end in tears.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Not really, Gosden was providing some of the best horses in training for Dettori to ride, and he was failing to turn them into winners, Pace and Garlick provided Dyche with mediocre players, and not too many even of them, and he was sacked for failing to turn this dross into winners.

If Gosden had sacked Dettori for failing to win on his mediocre handicappers, he'd have been laughed off Newmarket Heath. One day Pace might be laughed off Harry Potts Way, except no one will be laughing when Pace has finished with our club, it's all going to end in tears.
    They could not be "mediocre players" mon ami, Pope gone, Tarkowski gone, Wood gone, Brownhill going, McNeil going, Collins going, Cornet going, Roberts going.

This season's EPL will be ram jammed with Burnley players, pity not with the Clarets.

Pace saw we needed a change and took a brave but needed gamble. I reckon by the time August comes he will have paid the loan off and changed the squad irrevocably, for better or worse will be up to Vinny.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I reckon by the time August comes he will have paid the loan off
    The loan isn't due to be paid off until December 2025, it will not be paid off early because we haven't the readies to pay it off, and god knows how we'll pay it off when it does become due, I have no idea, and I doubt Mr Pace has either.

The loan isn't due to be paid off until December 2025, it will not be paid off early because we haven't the readies to pay it off, and god knows how we'll pay it off when it does become due, I have no idea, and I doubt Mr Pace has either.
    I've never, ever heard of a lender who will not accept early settlement of a debt mon ami - ever!

Ever tried to pay a mortgage off early BT, it can be done but the lenders are never keen, they love those monthly interest payments to keep rolling in.

Any road mon ami, we have one bet on, a tenner whether we go up or not, do you fancy another straight tenner ? You say the debt will be paid off come August, I'll even give you a month's leeway on this, such is my generosity of spirit, I have a tenner says we're not debt free by the end of August. Are we on ?

Ever tried to pay a mortgage off early BT, it can be done but the lenders are never keen, they love those monthly interest payments to keep rolling in.

Any road mon ami, we have one bet on, a tenner whether we go up or not, do you fancy another straight tenner ? You say the debt will be paid off come August, I'll even give you a month's leeway on this, such is my generosity of spirit, I have a tenner says we're not debt free by the end of August. Are we on ?
    Can't take that one on mon ami, who knows what goes on in the Machiavellian Mormon's mind?

With the amount of League 1 players we are signing, I think I might be settling the outstanding tenner bet on the early side too!

Thought not, but nevertheless an astute decision. Even if it's only tenners, no point throwing good money after bad.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)