+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RIP The Mighty Finn

RIP The Mighty Finn

Slayer of the Dee and total legend Finn Dossing has passed.

On the 11th September 1965 he scored three in yet another hammering of the Funsters. At Dens. (Which amazingly was pre-1979 - who’d have thunk it?).

A Great Man.

I'm gutted. My alltime hero. The man who got me totally hooked. To me he was a deity, I worshiped him.

Very sad to hear this. The Scandinavian invasion was Jerry Kerr's best bit of work and Finn was a superb player.
    I was in the Shed right in line with his goal against Juventus (aye, Juventus) and it was a magical moment.
    A great player and as I understand it a great man too.

RIP Finn

Maybe our greatest ever striker (definitely top 3 no doubt) in relation to level we were at and goal return to games, McKay the all time scorer but all in the second tier, Dossing looked a class act, I've no doubt he'd have been classic in any era for us

Very sad news

RIP a Finn, a real United legend

Stat....The team that Finn played in beat Celtic twice 3-2 and 2-3 in their European Cup winning year 1967.

I attended the massacre. The TC Keay end. Saturday 11th September 1965. It was the day the tide turned. The day we went from being the wee club in Dundee to being the big club.
    And it was Finn Dossing who orchestrated it
    Thankyou forever Finn & RIP.

Sad news. RIP A Legend.🧡🖤

Never saw him play but a true club legend that treated the fun as a plaything.

Farewell and rest in peace Finn

Wish I’d seen him play for us.

Legend

RIP Finn

While we revere the legends that are Narey, Luggy, Ralphie, Heggy etc, it is the like of Finn, Orjan Persson, Denis Gillespie, Lennart Wing and Jerry Kerr who were the rocks of the foundations of the modern Dundee United Football Club. Contrary to Fun propaganda, Dundee United didn’t just magically sort of ‘turn up’ in 1979, it was a long time coming and was in no small part thanks to the efforts of the aforementioned that ultimately led to everything that has subsequently followed.

Finn Dossing should absolutely be held in the same breath as all the other legends and his contribution was massive.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)