+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alex Lacey

Alex Lacey

Has signed for Hartlepool.

Can’t say I saw many leadership skills during his time at Notts, but good luck to the guy. That accent is definitely going to stand out in the north east:

https://www.hartlepoolunited.co.uk/n...gn-alex-lacey/

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Has signed for Hartlepool.

Can’t say I saw many leadership skills during his time at Notts, but good luck to the guy. That accent is definitely going to stand out in the north east:

https://www.hartlepoolunited.co.uk/n...gn-alex-lacey/
    I was disappointed to see him go. However, I expect he was on a decent wedge and seemed to pick up a number of niggles that meant he spent more time with the physio than his team mates.

Good move for him up the pyramid. As others have said on his day he was good for us. But there were also just a lot of days he spent on the treatment table.

Didn't realise he was 29 though. I'd have said 26-27. If Behrami works out then it's a good swap to get a 22-year-old in his place.

Good luck to him. Glad he has gone to be honest.

Decent player, but I think definitely one who falls into the 'too nice' category.

Eli Sam, meanwhile, has returned to Belgium - playing in the third tier for this club (love to hear what their fans chant when the team comes out):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K._Pat...n_Maasmechelen

So we release Alex who then gets signed by EFL side Hartlepool and we replace him with Baldwin….. 17 games in 4 seasons!!
    Someone tell me this is a wind up or what!!!

I liked Lacey but did drop off a bit in performances towards the end compared to when he first came. As for Baldwin just got to judge on what we see, a lot of the games he missed were due to not being picked at MK Dons and not injuries as far as I can ascertain from what LW has said.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 26-06-2022 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Fixed typos

He was my biggest disappointment in terms of players last season. Until then I'd always rated him highly at Notts as one of if not our best defender prior to Cameron's arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    He was my biggest disappointment in terms of players last season. Until then I'd always rated him highly at Notts as one of if not our best defender prior to Cameron's arrival.
    I'd agree with that. He is a very capable player and for the greater part of his time with us I've felt he looks too good for this level as he's a very classy defender. He was definitely below par this season however and I still think we need someone at the back with less class and more grit and aggression.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 26-06-2022 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Fixed typo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast