+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cricket last night/Breck

Cricket last night/Breck

Anyone seen Brecks interview on Twitter about last nights cricket in aid of the Hospice?
    Seems everything went well he mentioned the 4 new players all joined in he was talking about the Scottish lad from St Johnstone among these (others obviously Washington Eaves and Kioso) don’t know what’s happening with Bramall from Lincoln?
    He was talking really positively and mentioned there were more signings coming in next week but couldn’t say who trying to keep it quiet
    Talked about events earlier in the week re Smudge and Icky didn’t mention them by name but didn’t sound impressed
    Top man Breck!

I went last night, it was a really good do. loads there, so should have made some cash for the Hospice. The only Players actually playing
    who i recognised was Woody and Dan Barlaser, Lindsey, Vickers, Viking, Wiles, Ferguson and a few other were there but disappeared in the general direction of the Masons. Warne and Hammy also played, along with ex players Adam Colin and Frazer Richardson.

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post
    Anyone seen Brecks interview on Twitter about last nights cricket in aid of the Hospice?
    Seems everything went well he mentioned the 4 new players all joined in he was talking about the Scottish lad from St Johnstone among these (others obviously Washington Eaves and Kioso) don’t know what’s happening with Bramall from Lincoln?
    He was talking really positively and mentioned there were more signings coming in next week but couldn’t say who trying to keep it quiet
    Talked about events earlier in the week re Smudge and Icky didn’t mention them by name but didn’t sound impressed
    Top man Breck!
    I don’t think anybody closely connected to the club would be impressed by the transfer antics of Smith and Ihiekwe, even with the “ it’s their livelihood” excuse it was still a ****ty thing to do.

So a honest response from a honest man

Smith and Ihiekwe were irrelevant to last night. It was all about that man Breckin and the tremendous work he does for the hospice, the club and the town. What a guy - a true Millers legend if ever there was one

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I don’t think anybody closely connected to the club would be impressed by the transfer antics of Smith and Ihiekwe, even with the “ it’s their livelihood” excuse it was still a ****ty thing to do.

So a honest response from a honest man
    I agree with the sentiment that a footballer has a short career and has to earn as much as possible but it was the slyness of this one that started back in January when we offered Smith an extension.
    I may have missed it but I have seen nothing from either player about where they came from, bury’s bench and non league, how they have developed and had success and thanked the club in any way.
    Showed a lack of class at best. Fecking disrespectful and ungrateful at worst.