+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Darko Gyabi

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    If Wigan hadn’t been in such financial trouble we could easily have paid 5 to 10m for Joffy he was rated that highly.

Very good piece of business by Orta to be fair to him.
    Talk about twisting things around!!!!!!

There is no way on Gods earth that, had it NOT been part of the Philips stitch-up, that we would pay £5m for an U18 player with ZERO first team experience. THATS my point.

The reference to Gelhardt was purely for comparison, not so you can score some more points for our wonderful DoF (not that you wouldn't take the chance), and we WOULDN'T have paid £5m, never mind £10m, when you bear in mind we paid just over £5m for Meslier and a little over £11m for Koch. (Having said that, £16m for Costa? very good piece of business again? I can match you 3 to one for every name you come up with)

If Wigan hadn’t been in such financial trouble we could easily have paid 5 to 10m for Joffy he was rated that highly.

Very good piece of business by Orta to be fair to him.
    How a guy that's played what 13 games for under 23? 5 mil? I forget his a star Good business would have been taking Phillips money and pay Chelsea the same for Gallagher.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Talk about twisting things around!!!!!!

There is no way on Gods earth that, had it NOT been part of the Philips stitch-up, that we would pay £5m for an U18 player with ZERO first team experience. THATS my point.

The reference to Gelhardt was purely for comparison, not so you can score some more points for our wonderful DoF (not that you wouldn't take the chance), and we WOULDN'T have paid £5m, never mind £10m, when you bear in mind we paid just over £5m for Meslier and a little over £11m for Koch. (Having said that, £16m for Costa? very good piece of business again? I can match you 3 to one for every name you come up with)
    No making a fair comparison to Gyabi - geldhardt would have cost probably 10m if Wigan were not in trouble he had played WFL games for Wigan. So 5m for a ****ager isn’t unusual. I don’t know if it is money well spent until we have seen him play but not do you.

The deal for Gelhardt was good business and down to Orta so no twisting and yes he has made bad signings but look at the scouting at Man U and they spend more money.

No making a fair comparison to Gyabi - geldhardt would have cost probably 10m if Wigan were not in trouble he had played WFL games for Wigan. So 5m for a ****ager isn’t unusual. I don’t know if it is money well spent until we have seen him play but not do you.

The deal for Gelhardt was good business and down to Orta so no twisting and yes he has made bad signings but look at the scouting at Man U and they spend more money.
    To be fair hopey makes a cracking point here.

Yes we know Orta's dropped some clangers but when you look at the clangers scum have made jesus wept

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post

Yes we know Orta's dropped some clangers but when you look at the clangers scum have made jesus wept
    Hence why I posed the question recently about listings of duds other clubs have accrued. I really don't think we are the Lone Ranger when it comes to this. 😮

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post

I don't care about how good or bad Scum are at commercial management and their financial wisdom, only what the results of their scouting are on the field, (and they have never been out of the PL). They can afford to drop clangers, we can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Hence why I posed the question recently about listings of duds other clubs have accrued. I really don't think we are the Lone Ranger when it comes to this. ��
    Of course we aren't, never said we were, but others, particularly those who have been in the PL for a long time (not even the top 6 necessarily) can afford to drop a b0ll0ck occasionally, accepting that not every signing will work out. We have dropped so many you lose count (look at Transfermarkt for the period since Orta became DoF), you could fill ER with those who never made it once signed up, and we're not fortunate enough to be able to afford that kind of performance.

I don't care about how good or bad Scum are at commercial management and their financial wisdom, only what the results of their scouting are on the field, (and they have never been out of the PL). They can afford to drop clangers, we can't.
    So because they have higher spending power and greater scope for clangers, does this, in your opinion, mean that their DoF has done a respectable job?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    So because they have higher spending power and greater scope for clangers, does this, in your opinion, mean that their DoF has done a respectable job?
    No, of course it doesn't, and as I have said, I don't care how much money Scum waste, only what effect the money they spend (however much) has on their on-field performance. Why should I care about anything else Scum do (or don't do)? What it does mean is that they are more likely to weather storms that, at the moment, would sink LUFC.

If you want to raise the subject of the DoF role (really?), you know my views on the competence of the LUFC holder of that role and the wasted investments he has been responsible for, no need to restate it here.

No, of course it doesn't, and as I have said, I don't care how much money Scum waste, only what effect the money they spend (however much) has on their on-field performance. Why should I care about anything else Scum do (or don't do)? What it does mean is that they are more likely to weather storms that, at the moment, would sink LUFC.

If you want to raise the subject of the DoF role (really?), you know my views on the competence of the LUFC holder of that role and the wasted investments he has been responsible for, no need to restate it here.
    I guess my point with that is, that maybe...just maybe...Orta's record of getting duds isnt as bad when compared to some others that can hide under bigger budgets. And don't expect you to worry about what Man U or any other clubs do. Simply trying to compare apples to apples...whch you always seem to back away from when critisising those involved with Leeds.
    By the way, I confidently say that a vast majority of Man U supporters would say that their DoF did a terrible job with acquisition success rate based on last season's performance.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)