+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Darko Gyabi

Seems a fair amount of wriggling going on in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    I guess my point with that is, that maybe...just maybe...Orta's record of getting duds isnt as bad when compared to some others that can hide under bigger budgets. And don't expect you to worry about what Man U or any other clubs do. Simply trying to compare apples to apples...whch you always seem to back away from when critisising those involved with Leeds.
    By the way, I confidently say that a vast majority of Man U supporters would say that their DoF did a terrible job with acquisition success rate based on last season's performance.
    Since when do I "back away" from apples v apples comparisons, please point out an example or two?

It's precisely when comparing our performance across a range of matters that we might find reasons to change but the Orta thing won't. The comparison is only of any relevance if it was to lead to a change (if the comparison led to the conclusion that it should). In LUFCs case comparing our DoF with any other (and there are some who have done well, I have no idea if the Scum DoF is good bad or indifferent), wouldn't lead to a change, Orta is too well embedded for that, no matter how dreadful his record is.

And I could give a lesser rats ar5e about what Scum fans think about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    We have dropped so many you lose count (look at Transfermarkt for the period since Orta became DoF), you could fill ER with those who never made it once signed up,
    Really! FFS!

Quote Originally Posted by Pacaman View Post
    Really! FFS!
    Stretching a point to make a point, so unusual on here!

Wilkinson who most on here probably admire and respect said you were doing well if 3 out of 10 signings were a success.

He brought in some great players in the early days but after we won the league not so much.

It’s a hard job to spot the talent, actually sign it and then know (rare one can be certain) it will be a success.

Sometimes it doesn’t work for a player at a given club look at us and Billy Sharp.

Orta overall has done okay but it doesn’t mean I necessarily like him and some of his outburst especially at our own fans are not a good look.

So, by choice we pay £1.58m for a youngster from Chelski, field him (with credit), on several occasions for the LUFC 1st team and after a year send him out on loan (probably);

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2022/0...r-at-the-club/

During the same transfer window, as a "sweetener" to the deal for Philips, we pay £5m for a player with a similar absence of 1st team exposure, who plays in the same part of the field as Bate, and insert him into the pre-season tour squad.

Can anyone explain the logic?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    So, by choice we pay £1.58m for a youngster from Chelski, field him (with credit), on several occasions for the LUFC 1st team and after a year send him out on loan (probably);

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2022/0...r-at-the-club/

During the same transfer window, as a "sweetener" to the deal for Philips, we pay £5m for a player with a similar absence of 1st team exposure, who plays in the same part of the field as Bate, and insert him into the pre-season tour squad.

Can anyone explain the logic?
    Yes in one word it's called Madness. I feel for Bates's kid has not been given any time like the rest of them. Seems like Marsch hasn't got much time for them either. I feel if Bamf is ready not one under 23 will be starting.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)