+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Effect of WC

Effect of WC

I was just wondering what the effect of this World Cup interval will have on PL clubs. I would imagine it’ll disadvantage those that have more international players? It’ll also be interesting to see what Eddie does with the players who don’t go to Quatar?
    This could be an indication of things to come as a mid season break has been talked about many times before.
    Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    I was just wondering what the effect of this World Cup interval will have on PL clubs. I would imagine it’ll disadvantage those that have more international players? It’ll also be interesting to see what Eddie does with the players who don’t go to Quatar?
    This could be an indication of things to come as a mid season break has been talked about many times before.
    Thoughts?
    i think this years world cup will be a disadvantage to the greedy 6, most of them play for their countries and the players that didnt go to the world cup will be better rested.

This is is a year when clubs like us and west ham have a good chance into the top 6

I agree with Tanya, i think Qatar will help us as we haven't got a squad full of internationals like City and Liverpool. Future Euro's and WC's won't as we'll likely have more internationals by then......man what a problem to have! too bloody many internationals!

Agreed.

However, we could end up losing some of our key players, so will hit us to a degree.

Pope - Schar - Trippier - Bruno - Botman

For example

Coming back from the world cup, we go straight into the busiest part of the season, fixturewise, which adds an added difficulty for the clubs with a lot of internationals.

Dubz, if we sign other international like Diaby (looking more likely by the day], Erikson (bookies odds on us signing him drop to.favourites the other day, those leeches never loses a £) &/or Arboit for example there are two more players from the first in Qatar.

We really want to be signing international players.

Moreover cold weather training camps will be arranged for all no WC players and friendlies to keep the squad sharp.

It won't be such an inconvenience, injuries aside.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)