+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Owners. Us and others

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    According to the Wrexham fans it's already a done deal. They are more arrogant than those over the river. Apparently none of our recent signings would make it into their team. Roll on the new season.
    Well until we see them play we don't know if they are good enough for our team?

Their fans should be very confident for the season ahead all things considered. The best price of 6/4 for the title although unappealing to a gambler is that low for more than one reason.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Their fans should be very confident for the season ahead all things considered. The best price of 6/4 for the title although unappealing to a gambler is that low for more than one reason.
    As you say, they should win the League at a canter.

What were their odds last season?

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    I think the brothers are in it for the long haul and are probably learning as they go. So far the recruitment this time including the choice of coach has been good IMO. Burchnall was so left field and we had our worst season in the NL, I think they learnt from that.

As for Wrexham their wage bill can't be getting any higher this season surely. They already have Hayden and Tozer £3k p/w, Mullin £4.5k p/w then they're paying the three of them a combined annual wage of £546k. That's even before bonuses are taken into account. I thought last season was a bit bang or bust, not seen who they've bought in so far though. I can see the Hollywood actors getting bored with soccer and selling in the short term.
    This. I think the Reedtz are in it for a long time, why wouldn't they be as it's not like they're like Wrexham and spending big bucks. They're building like Brentford and Brighton did and look where they both are. I can see them still being in charge in the Championship or even EPL (I can hope)

The owners of Wrexham will have expected them to go up or at least playoff final opportunity, I think they'll get sick of pouring money into a black hole and as others have said there's no resale value in a lot of their big players. They won't leave them in the lurch but think they'll look to sell in a couple of seasons.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 26-06-2022 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Fixed typo

I think our owners are in it for at least 10 years, maybe more, I guess it’s how they feel as it goes on, I.e how successful we are and how fans are towards them.
    As for Wrexham I think they may struggle to keep getting league players, selling a dream of promotion straight back in the league is somewhat flawed now after last season, but unfortunately money always talks.

It is always exciting for fans of clubs who attract rich owners, (or fake ones in our case) as the prospect of success on the field increases, but this isn't always the case and does lead to being resented by other club's supporters.
    In contrast it is more satisfying, if patience allows, to have owners like ours who build a firm base to work on and hopefully lead to a sustainable rise up the football pyramid.
    Possibly because of social media, and the internet, definitely our owners, I have never felt so connected or positive about NCFC than in all my years of supporting them, which is nearing sixty 🤪

Were Barrow, Sutton and Stockport favourites to win the league??

Have Wrexham added to their squad for the coming season to make them outright favourites?

Not seen much about Wrexham so far.

Another thought is what are Chesterfields finances like? Seemed to spend above their means last season.

Obviously Barrow and Sutton weren't. If Stockport weren't they would have been close to favourites. I picked them to win it on here before a ball was kicked but can't remember their odds.

No OP67 I don't believe so.

The skinny odds will be based on the fact they recruited so heavily last season with impressive signings, they had a fantastic second half to the season. Doubt anyone secured more points during that time and they almost caught Stockport.
    Add to the fact they probably can add more to their talented squad , if required , due to their backing from today forwards makes them rightly heavy favourites. Although 6/4 is very unappealing odds for the title. Far happier with my big season long bet.

The one saving grace for the rest of the league is perhaps Phil Parkinson?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast