+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Owners. Us and others

Owners. Us and others

Just wondered what others thought

My opinion is that our owners are in this for the mid/long term, do others agree?

Also if Hollywood FC do not get success soon do you think their owners may get bored and bail out, or do you think its like monopoly money for them so the will just keep going?

Quote Originally Posted by bule1 View Post
    Just wondered what others thought

My opinion is that our owners are in this for the mid/long term, do others agree?

Also if Hollywood FC do not get success soon do you think their owners may get bored and bail out, or do you think its like monopoly money for them so the will just keep going?
    My thoughts are that the bros probably had 10 years in mind with a view to being back in L1 and maybe then looking to cash out with the club in a much better place.

As for Hollywood I thought I saw somewhere that the owners had slashed their recruitment budget for this season. Cant see them hanging around if they don’t get promotion this season.

My thoughts are, who cares about what Wrexscum are doing or will do

As long as Wrectum are bankrolled they are a threat/thorn in our side. Have the same sort of thought as NCFOG, if this season fails they could lose total interest and the the would fall back.

They should win the league comfortably. It's as simple as that.

For me the Reedtz Brothers seem very committed to the 'project' and look like they are making good moves in the transfer market - so far this close season.

As for Hollywood FC: my view is that this is a bit of fun for them - a vanity exercise if you will and I think that they will soon realise that SOCCER is not for them and buy a women's water polo team nearer home.

On a more serious note they are buying league players who are approaching the end of their carrers like Tozer and Palmer, who have no real sell on potential value i.e. dead investments.

Mullin is a great player but his wage demands would put off an awful lot of clubs...
    Last edited by pravda_plc; 25-06-2022 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    As I understand it the Americans are not putting money into the club, last seasons transfers were paid for with the TikTok sponsorship money which has now finished.

Unless they've lost some of last season's impressive signings which I doubt that should be enough even without any additions which are likely like any club.

I think the brothers are in it for the long haul and are probably learning as they go. So far the recruitment this time including the choice of coach has been good IMO. Burchnall was so left field and we had our worst season in the NL, I think they learnt from that.

As for Wrexham their wage bill can't be getting any higher this season surely. They already have Hayden and Tozer £3k p/w, Mullin £4.5k p/w then they're paying the three of them a combined annual wage of £546k. That's even before bonuses are taken into account. I thought last season was a bit bang or bust, not seen who they've bought in so far though. I can see the Hooywood actors getting bored with soccer and selling in the short term.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    According to the Wrexham fans it's already a done deal. They are more arrogant than those over the river. Apparently none of our recent signings would make it into their team. Roll on the new season.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast