+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Torquay Clearout

O/T:- Torquay Clearout

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/torq...ebuild-7150311

Anyone there we would want? I'd definitely be pleased to sign Connor Lemonheigh-Evans and I'd actually give Danny Wright a one year contract as think he could do a job coming off the bench.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 01-06-2022 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Fixed off topic prefix

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    I'd actually give Danny Wright a one year contract as think he could do a job coming off the bench.
    Yep, he'd be a pretty robust plan B.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    https://www.devonlive.com/sport/torq...ebuild-7150311

Anyone there we would want? I'd definitely be pleased to sign Connor Lemonheigh-Evans and I'd actually give Danny Wright a one year contract as think he could do a job coming off the bench.
    Connor Lemonheigh-Evans is quality for this level and would be a good signing. He was at Meadow Lane watching Cameron in our playoff game if reports on here are accurate. He’s played all his career down South so maybe settled around that area could be a stumbling block?

In the past we might have signed Danny Wright but not sure with the current model. He obviously has a lot of experience of playing at this level of football so he would bring that knowledge. A sort of cameo / coaching role maybe.

Ben Wynter is the right kind of age. A more right sided defender though and we signed one of those yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Connor Lemonheigh-Evans is quality for this level and would be a good signing. He was at Meadow Lane watching Cameron in our playoff game if reports on here are accurate. He’s played all his career down South so maybe settled around that area could be a stumbling block?

In the past we might have signed Danny Wright but not sure with the current model. He obviously has a lot of experience of playing at this level of football so he would bring that knowledge. A sort of cameo / coaching role maybe.

Ben Wynter is the right kind of age. A more right sided defender though and we signed one of those yesterday.
    He was 100% at the game BT Sport shown him in the stands

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    He was 100% at the game BT Sport shown him in the stands
    Maybe he would have considered joining if we went up so was taking a look at us on that basis. Pretty sure he'll end up in the EFL but you never know.

I'd take both Lemonheigh-Evans and Wright.

Lemonheigh-Evans is a great player at this level and at a decent age. Wright isn't exactly a Football Radar-type player, but he's been a nightmare every time I've seen us play Torquay. Not someone you'd enjoy defending against, and maybe a decent foil for someone like Langstaff.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 01-06-2022 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    Maybe he would have considered joining if we went up so was taking a look at us on that basis. Pretty sure he'll end up in the EFL but you never know.
    Possibly could just be good mates with Cameron as well.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Possibly could just be good mates with Cameron as well.
    Yeah, he is, he posted a picture on social media of him en route to the Grimsby game saying that he was off to watch Cameron.

He and Little will be going to the EFL, I reckon.

Aside from the implications of Torquay's clearout in terms of potential signings for Notts, it could also diminish their chances of being a serious challenger to us next season. Their form towards the end of this season suggested they had recovered from the departure of players like Kyle Cameron and were beginning to gain momentum again, but now they face another rebuilding job, and even if they sign good players again, it still takes time for the new team to settle if there's been a lot of changes.

Interesting to see Armani Little has become one of Ian Burchnall's first signings at Forest Green. I wonder whether he's likely to take a punt on any of the others?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast