+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Captain next season?

Captain next season?

Do you think Howe will persist with Lascelles? Trippier is the obvious and best choice most people will agree

Lascelles will probably be our 4th choice centre back if Botman signs

Trippier, Linton or Bruno for me. lascelles will be long gone, captaining Forest I reckon

Trippier, all day long.

Great question.

I guess we on the outside don't know dressing room personalities and who players respond to but based on nothing more than my gut and ability of the player what about big Burn?

Would have no objection to Trippier though.

It's a good sign, we have a few players now could be captain. I think Trippier will be captain next season.

I'm hoping for Trippier and maybe Shelvey as vice. Wilson has had the armband a few times too if i remember rightly

I think that if Lascelles is still here, he will still be club captain. However, he won't actually play so we'll see Trippier as captain on the pitch.

Should we sell Lascelles - which I now think is likely with Botman signing then I think it'll just be Trippier as club captain.

Trippier, for me. Exactly the type of personality we need. Plus, the way he was pictured in his protective boot still attending games, travelling with the team, etc (which some in the media STILL had a go at him for -can't win, man)...he's the man, like.

Trippier for me too. The ultimate all-round perfect player for captain. I broached this possibility in a thread following his first game.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    Trippier for me too. The ultimate all-round perfect player for captain. I broached this possibility in a thread following his first game.
    Aye, good shout, Pat.

Thhink Lascelles' time has past, tbh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)