+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tom Lawrence

And Quevin Castro.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Ingram, Ashworth, TGH, Taylor and I believe Griffiths are all in Portugal with the first team.
    Thank you for that 68.

Read somewhere TL stats were worse than CR last season so I don't see the need for him unless CR is on more money and we can sell him for some monet to buy a dm like O'brien from Huddersfield (never going to happen in reality).

Also, TL only seem to perform in the second half of the season when he needed to impress future clubs wanting him on a free.

The dm imo is the one we need most as a great one can control the game. In an ideal world that would be Molumby, but I haven't seen anything from him to suggest he can do it.

I think the position we were clearly weakest in last season and one we desperately needed to get someone in for was an attacking midfielder. Signing John Swift was a shrewd bit of work, as was getting Jed Wallace. Ideally, I would have liked a further option too and personally would have preferred Choudhury to Lawrence but doubt we will stump up the 80% of his wages required and talk of this all seems to have gone quiet now.

Given our financial constraints I have to agree with others that a DM should now be our next priority. At a push, I think our current defence will do the job. Be nice to improve our options across the pitch but we know we haven't got the money for that. Our other problem, of course, is finding a way of shifting all the dead wood!

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    I think the position we were clearly weakest in last season and one we desperately needed to get someone in for was an attacking midfielder. Signing John Swift was a shrewd bit of work, as was getting Jed Wallace. Ideally, I would have liked a further option too and personally would have preferred Choudhury to Lawrence but doubt we will stump up the 80% of his wages required and talk of this all seems to have gone quiet now.

Given our financial constraints I have to agree with others that a DM should now be our next priority. At a push, I think our current defence will do the job. Be nice to improve our options across the pitch but we know we haven't got the money for that. Our other problem, of course, is finding a way of shifting all the dead wood!
    100% we were a collection of random parts last season, getting a playmaker, central attacking midfielder, number 10 or whatever you call it was a must, oddly I feel quite optimistic for this season now.

We have made 2 great additions and in Dike have a new player. We will no doubt add a couple of half decent loans so I am confident about the new season

Would settle for 2nd place, but hope we go up as champions COYB and throw in a Cup

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)