+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tom Lawrence

Don't really like Lawrence, but will give him a chance, you would presume someone is leaving to make space for him.

Not interested, now, apparently.

'Meanwhile, the Express & Star understands there is no truth to reports linking Albion with a move for Tom Lawrence. The Wales international is a free agent after leaving Derby.'

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    But we’re weak at the back at centre half, we need a right back, a defensive midfielder with the energy of Mulumbu or the awareness of Yacob or Yoksulu and we need another forward because Dike is made of rice paper.

Don’t be fooled by two or three additions to the more advanced midfield positions.

I think before the start of the window our strongest position was centre half. If we play 4 at the back, we've got Bartley, Ajayi, O'Shea, Kipre, Taylor. All players who could do a job there.

And our weakest position at that point was attacking midfield / striker. Well if we get Lawrence we'll have a lot of options in AM now.

I think now we are weakest at both full back positions and in defensive midfield. If we sign a full back on either side and a holding midfielder, maybe a back up striker for Dike - we've had as good a window as could be expected.

What a pity we didn’t sign Scott Twine from MK Dons, he’s gone to Burnley, he would have been far better than any of Grant, Robinson, Zohore or Diangana; he’d probably have been better than that lot put together. As for Lawrence, I expect that he’s eyeing a Premier League club.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    I think before the start of the window our strongest position was centre half. If we play 4 at the back, we've got Bartley, Ajayi, O'Shea, Kipre, Taylor. All players who could do a job there.

And our weakest position at that point was attacking midfield / striker. Well if we get Lawrence we'll have a lot of options in AM now.

I think now we are weakest at both full back positions and in defensive midfield. If we sign a full back on either side and a holding midfielder, maybe a back up striker for Dike - we've had as good a window as could be expected.

100% agree with you on this!

Meanwhile, the Express & Star understands there is no truth to reports linking Albion with a move for Tom Lawrence. The Wales international is a free agent after leaving Derby.

But despite reports to the contrary, Albion are not believed to interested in signing him – with Bruce’s squad well stocked with players who can play on the right and left wing.

Full back positions are very weak IMO but it would be great to see some young lads take those spots. Ingram and Ashworth have travelled pre-season so that might be in the back of Bruce's mind. Would be a shame to have a U23 side winning the cup but the club can't put any near the first team.

Quote Originally Posted by baggiematt View Post
    Full back positions are very weak IMO but it would be great to see some young lads take those spots. Ingram and Ashworth have travelled pre-season so that might be in the back of Bruce's mind. Would be a shame to have a U23 side winning the cup but the club can't put any near the first team.
    Actually very true Matt......some of that team should be exposed to first team practices........I wonder if any have gone off to Portugal with the first team?

Masi saying no truth in Lawrence links, but Nixon is adamant that the deal is still on.
    Taking bets who’s right and who’s wrong.
    Personally with the introduction of 5 subs there could be some leverage in Nixon’s remarks, but if he does come in I came see one of CR7, Phillips or even Grady leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    Actually very true Matt......some of that team should be exposed to first team practices........I wonder if any have gone off to Portugal with the first team?
    Ingram, Ashworth, TGH, Taylor and I believe Griffiths are all in Portugal with the first team.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)